Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Eric. Y., Esq.
Eric. Y., Esq.
Eric. Y., Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
In a no-evidence summary judgment what types of information
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
In a no-evidence summary judgment what types of information are required, allowed, and not-allowed to "backup" a the assertion that a plaintiff's claims and/or elements have no-evidence? In other word… read more
How can a pro se litigant use rule 26 in a reply to summary
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
how can a pro se litigant use rule 26 in a reply to summary judgement? i am trying to get evidence?… read more
the federal court judge dissmissed my case at summary judgement
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
the federal court judge dissmissed my case at summary judgement even with evidences brought late to support my claim. will appleal give a chance to depose more material witnesses or allow subpoena.… read more
What can be the basis for appeal of a summary judgement rendered
skelly151
skelly151, partner
What can be the basis for appeal of a summary judgement rendered by a US District Court and what is the standard of review of that appeal - is there de nova review available… read more
In a no-evidence motion for summary judgment do you have to
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
In a no-evidence motion for summary judgment do you have to list each element of the cause of action or just the ones that are challengable, I have read conflicting articles? Also, I am assuming eleme… read more
If most of my evidence for the court can only be obtained
Ben S.
Ben S., Owner
If most of my evidence for the court can only be obtained through discovery, can the other side win a motion for summary judgment prior to discovery?… read more
Hello, The Judge has the motion of summary judgement submitted
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
Hello, The Judge has the motion of summary judgement submitted by the defendents and my response to it. Now that we are at the end....what is the likely hood that the def will settle in a short period… read more
What type of testimony can I present to a judge during an appeals
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
What type of testimony can I present to a judge during an appeals hearing? My previous employer is fighting my right to collect unemployment benefits against them. The company has stated that I left t… read more
I have a non compete and am considering working for a
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Juris Doctor JD
I have a non compete and am considering working for a company that does not compete in any way with my company, however, they do compete with a joint venture my company is part of. Is a JV considered … read more
The Defendant filed a motion for Partial Summary Judgment and
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
The Defendant filed a motion for Partial Summary Judgment and presented some of the testimony from a Deposition he took. I have an audio recording of the Deposition on my computer, but no typed transc… read more
what if you have found loopholes in the testimonies, and
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
what if you have found loopholes in the testimonies, and you know you have been wronged in your heart and it is the truth… read more
If the defendant file a general denial motion. could the
INFOLAWYER, Partner
If the defendant file a general denial motion . could the plaintiff still file a summary judgement motion . or what other motions to file for dispositive motions . Plaintiff obtain a lot of documentat… read more
Hello, I have been told that a summary judgement will cost
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Hello, I have been told that a summary judgement will cost 25,000 to 30,000 in billable fees. Can a summart judgment cosyt up to this much to write and prepare, this sounds high to me? Thank you… read more
I won a partial summary judgement on a wage claim but I am
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I won a partial summary judgement on a wage claim but I am headed to a trial for Quantum Meritus because my firm alledgedly received benefits from the work the person did. Now my attorneys think it wi… read more
Def summary judgement motion entered 12-10-12. Why is it taking
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Def summary judgement motion entered 12-10-12. Why is it taking so long for Judge to render decision.… read more
If your case goes to summary judgement (fed court) with 2 claims
If your case goes to summary judgement (fed court) with 2 claims and the court finds insufficient evidence on one claim but enough for the other what happens? Does it proceed on one claim or the whole… read more
How do I write a summary judgement. Is this the time to do
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
How do I write a summary judgement. Is this the time to do so. Defendants motion to dismiss has been denied. I am suing under ADA, Title 1 and FMLA retaliation. Defendants refused to rehire me after l… read more
Federal Rule 56. Summary Judgement states that a party may
Roger, Litigation Attorney
Federal Rule 56. Summary Judgement states that a party may file a fotion for summary judgment at any time until 30 days after the close of discovery. Discovery ended Aug 30, the summary judgement was … read more