Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work ina Medical profession. My boss (the physician) told…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I work ina...
Second opinion] I work ina Medical profession. My boss (the physician) told me an another female professional that we need to �dress sexy� to make the staff of a nursing facility we round at �happier �. Is this legal? Myself and the other female are Nurse Practitioners, and are employed by the physician not the facilityJA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?Customer: We do not have an HR department, we are direct employees of the DrJA: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?Customer: No union, and I guess we are what you would call at will, however she and I both have contracts which do not state that we have to �dress sexy� while performing our job functionsJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

In which U.S. jurisdiction/state are you employed?