Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I work for the department of youth services under Colorado…

Customer Question
I work for the...

I work for the department of youth services under Colorado state agency; in the heat of the moment , I sent a letter of resignation to my boss , but after reconsideration I would like to withdraw my letter what are my rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I work for state ; thats our union

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/9/2018
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for the information and your question. Although an employee can always indicate that they have changed their mind about resigning, once an employer receives the resignation, they can accept it. In other words, they do not have to give the employee a option to change their mind. Despite the employee's position that they aren't quitting, it would still be deemed a resignation.

This assumes that there is no employer contract or policy that gives the employee more rights.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to reply to this answer and let me know that I covered your question, then the Site will give me credit for working with you. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 9th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.