Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
If one employee has no PTO hours and is allowed to take a 2
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
If one employee has no PTO hours and is allowed to take a 2 week vacation, should other employees be denied vacation if they are short a few PTO hours?… read more
One of my employees put her two weeks notice. The last day
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
One of my employees put her two weeks notice. The last day of the two weeks she told me she wants to.stay. I answered her ill talk with the rest of the team and let her know. The team said they don't … read more
One of our employees recently put in her 2 weeks and we let
RobertJDFL, Attorney
One of our employees recently put in her 2 weeks and we let her go on the spot due to some ongoing issues as well as the concern that she would attempt to convince customers to follow her to wherever … read more
My wife is salary employee and this week her employer had
Loren, employment lawyer
My wife is salary employee and this week her employer had her work total of 107 hours. Is there a limit on hours a salary employee works … read more
If an employee in California has hours that look like the
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
Hi there, if an employee in California has hours that look like the one below for a two week period, How many of these hours are over time hours? Is there different ways to calculate Overtime hours? I… read more
We have employees that work 24 hour on and 48 hours off.....one week they work a
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
We have employees that work 24 hour on and 48 hours off.....one week they work a total of 48 hours the next week 72 the following 2 weeks they only work 48 hours per week....they make $455 sal. per we… read more
if an employee works 10 hrs on monday and 10 hours on Tuesday
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
if an employee works 10 hrs on monday and 10 hours on Tuesday , but the total # XXXXX hours worked in one week does not exceed 40 does over time apply for those 10 hour days… read more
My employees work 36 to 38 hours a week. However i sometimes
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
My employees work 36 to 38 hours a week. However i sometimes ask them to stay an hour here and there NOT putting them over 40. They prefer to bank the extra hour or 1/2 hour till a later date. Is this… read more
If a salaried employee has been told they must meet a minimum
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney at Law
If a salaried employee has been told they must meet a minimum of 40 hours per week, can PTO be deducted, or their pay if they do not meet this criteria?… read more
My wife is pregnant and her Doctor put her on a forty ...
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
My wife is pregnant and her Doctor put her on a forty hour work week, her job usually requires 50-60 hours a week so they fired her. The head boss said that they could not make speical compensation fo… read more
I get paid every two weeks. On my last pay period I worked
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I get paid every two weeks. On my last pay period I worked 42 hours the first week and 38 the second week. My question is should I get paid for 2 hours overtime?… read more
If an employee put her/he two weeks notice but come to work
Attorney2020
Attorney2020, Lawyer
If an employee put her/he two weeks notice but come to work and walk away because she/he has a personal problem dealing with the manager on duty, can I terminate he/she before the two weeks?… read more
As an CNA, I worked 69 hours the first week and 28 hours the
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
As an CNA, I worked 69 hours the first week and 28 hours the second week for a total of 97 hours worked in two weeks. I got no overtime pay and was only paid for 80 total hours. I'm in Florida. My emp… read more
one of our employees gave her two week notice. Then she said
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
one of our employees gave her two week notice. Then she said because she has not found another job that she can work longer. can she then collect unemployment if she works beyond the two weeks… read more
I live in Indiana, I put in my two weeks notice to my employer
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I live in Indiana, I put in my two weeks notice to my employer on Monday. I have 112 hours of PTO unused, and we do not have an employees handbook discussing unused PTO. I also have never signed anyth… read more
In NYS if you are a salaried employee who works 42 hours a
RobertJDFL, Attorney
In NYS if you are a salaried employee who works 42 hours a week, can your employer demand you work 60 hours a week with no change in compensation?… read more
I was threatened with assualt be an employee last week, so I put in my notice of two week
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
I was threatened with assualt be an employee last week, so I put in my notice of two weeks. I told them I was quiting for being threatened and was being over worked. They asked me if they did somethin… read more
If you were sick for 2 days so 16 hours and then you worked
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
If you were sick for 2 days so 16 hours and then you worked 30 in the same week for a total of 46 hours and you are a non-exempt employee, shouldn't they take 6 hours from the 16 that you would turn i… read more