Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
My employer filed a stress WC claim on my behalf. I do ...
Lawyer Bob
Lawyer Bob, Doctoral Degree
My employer filed a stress WC claim on my behalf. I do not know whether I should follow up or let it go. The story is rather long, but basically my work group required me to relocate. I did, about 10 … read more
Was going to go to my own doctor and boss wants me to fill
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
was going to go to my own doctor and boss wants me to fill out wc so he takes me to wc doctor and demands to be in room the whole time was put on light duty and physical therapy that night and boss ca… read more
I have filed a disability discrimination claim and whistleblower
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
I have filed a disability discrimination claim and whistleblower claim against my employer. While waiting for the state to investigate, my employer has fired me and cancelled all benefits. I had a job… read more
If my company is going to let me go and presents an offer that
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
If my company is going to let me go and presents an offer that states I am resigning in lou of being fired (so it doesn't hurt my resume) am I entitled to collect unemployment?… read more
I was just let go while on short term disability. I was told
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I was just let go while on short term disability. I was told they were not bringing me back and that they were going in a different direction. They called me in for a meeting to tell me this while on … read more
My husband was injured on the job (food service delivery),
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
My husband was injured on the job (food service delivery), he filed a WC claim, went out on disability (collected for 2 years). Had shoulder surgery and back surgery (3 titanium cages place in his spi… read more
My Employer opened a disability claim while I was in the hospital
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
My Employer opened a disability claim while I was in the hospital for 2 days after having a seizure at home (I have epilepsy). I was released from the hospital and my HR director called me a few days … read more
My former employer has let me go and offered a severance
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
My former employer has let me go and offered a severance agreement. I know companies do this so that they don't get sued for any reason. Can former employees propose a counter offer asking not to be s… read more
I was let go from my job while on medical leave the employer
Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Managing Attorney Partner
I was let go from my job while on medical leave the employer is stating I voluntarily resigned. Can I fight this?… read more
I am waiting for my past employer to let me know the dollar
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I am waiting for my past employer to let me know the dollar amount they are going to pay me. I filed a labor claim and unemployment. Should I wait for the dollar amount and then let the labor board do… read more
Can I file a retaliation charge if I am let go while the EEOC
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
Can I file a retaliation charge if I am let go while the EEOC and my company is mediating. If so what will it do for me if my employer does mediate or does not mediate with me. I would think filing on… read more
I was let go with no severance pay, my employer claiming misconduct.
Attorney Arcadier
I was let go with no severance pay, my employer claiming misconduct. I have a L1 visa that became invalidand my wife has a L2 visa and works for the same company than me for 11 years. She has been let… read more
Second opinion] I'm on WC due to my injury at current
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
second opinion] I'm on WC due to my injury at current employer A and I received a job offer from another employer B to which I have accepted and passed all the background and drug screening requiremen… read more
My employer had it written in my offer letter that i was to
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Hi - my employer had it written in my offer letter that i was to receive to months extra pay if i were to be let go i was let go and we had a discussion that i would still be receiving that pay during… read more
My husband filed a WC claim about ayear ago and just received
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
My husband filed a WC claim about ayear ago and just received a WC SLU check in the amunt of $35,000- The injury is bursitits to his right shoulder- he drives a bus and the repetitive motion of turnin… read more
if you file a long term disability claim for a disability that
skelly151
skelly151, partner
if you file a long term disability claim for a disability that arose last year while still employed, can you now, while the LTD claim is pending, get unemployment?… read more
my former employeer let me go a week ago so i went and filed
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
my former employeer let me go a week ago so i went and filed for unemployement now i hear that they are saying i quit but i never quit the told me that last wednesday was my last day so im tryin to se… read more
In 2009, I agreed to see the employers psychiatrist so that
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
In 2009, I agreed to see the employers psychiatrist so that the employer can assist me in filing disability if I qualified. When the report came in, I asked for the results. They told me that they did… read more