Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

John, Employment Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I hired an employee 2 months ago, still in probation period.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I hired an employee 2 months ago, still in probation period. I don't feel she is fitting the position, like to terminated. there are one concern: she email me a doctor note says that she needed 4 week… read more
I was terminated from a job 2 days before my six month probation
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
I was terminated from a job 2 days before my six month probation period was up. There was no warning or any job performance marks. My problem is that I later found out that several co-workers knew I w… read more
my 18 yr old started a job with a 90 day [probation period]...the
Ellen, Attorney
my 18 yr old started a job with a 90 day [probation period]...the man that hired him, spent quite a bit of money getting him setup for work...the job involved excessive hours of driving all over the U… read more
I started a sales job 2 months ago and quickly realized they
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I started a sales job 2 months ago and quickly realized they had some unusual policies. We would have meetings on Mondays and Fridays every week. We would be in conference built for a group of about 2… read more
My new employee (about 3 months, still in probation period)
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
My new employee (about 3 months, still in probation period) is alcoholic and cannot come to work for 2 days. Her driver's license has been revoked owing to drunk-driving and her performance is sub-sat… read more
I was let go of my job as a result of a 6 month probation period.
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I was let go of my job as a result of a 6 month probation period. I have a letter indicating that improvements were made but they still decided to let me go. Am I eligible for unemployment?… read more
I just started a new job and Ive been here for 3 ...
Jogoesq
Jogoesq, attorney
I just started a new job and I''ve been here for 3 months now, but my probation period is for six months. I just found that I''m pregnant (about 1 1/2 months). When should I tell my employer? Can they… read more
I left a job for another job was put on a 6 month probation
Counselor
Counselor, Doctoral Degree
I left a job for another job was put on a 6 month probation period and was let go in a month with no reason… read more
Hi, I am a salary plus commission employee at a car dealership.
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
Hi, I am a salary plus commission employee at a car dealership. I quit my job 2 weeks into the month. Am I still entitled to my commission on the sales I made for those 2 weeks? We get a seperate comm… read more
i recently quit a job. while employed about three years ago
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
i recently quit a job. while employed about three years ago i was offered a management job and was forced to sign a no compete to get the job. i was a service manager for about a year and one half and… read more
I recently started a new job on 1/2. I am salaried and I am
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
Hi, I am Michelle, I recently started a new job on 1/2. I am salaried and I am on probation for 6 months which it says in the policy. However, it does not say that I cannot take anytime off through th… read more
I am working at a privately owned prision, and in my employment
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Doctoral Degree
I am working at a privately owned prision, and in my employment started on 4/11 with a 6 month probation period. After a review every month, they decided to extend my probation period, i was told verb… read more
I started a new position 2 months ago. I was never advised
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I started a new position 2 months ago. I was never advised of a probationary period and have received positive feedback during that time. Yesterday, they call me in and advised me that it was not work… read more
Hi there, About 7 months ago I took a sales job with a company.
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
Hi there, About 7 months ago I took a sales job with a company. In my field it takes quite a while to build relationships and become successful. The company has a draw agreement that they make salespe… read more
I am considering quitting my job and wondering if I would be
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I am considering quitting my job and wondering if I would be able to collect unemployment. There is not a change in pay or level. My hours would change and my duties would change (working in a call ce… read more
While I was working ( was still in the probationary period)
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
While I was working ( was still in the probationary period) in a hospital in arizona I made a couple of errors on an echocardiography exam that resulted in me being involuntarily terminated(or at leas… read more
I just started a job and am still within my "90 days probation"
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I just started a job and am still within my "90 days probation" but, the job isn't what I thought it was, my bosses are mean and it's a very tense environment in the office. I have been preliminarily … read more
Hello, I am in a akward situation. Ive been thinking about
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Hello, I am in a akward situation. I've been thinking about quiting my job ever since I started working there (5 months ago). I have a high tolerance for pressure, however, my workplace has a very hos… read more