Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Ely, Counselor at Law

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
A co-worker told the managers and HR a false statement to
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
A co-worker told the managers and HR a false statement to get me into trouble. When confronted about the matter i denied it and was repeatedly called a liar by HR. I had felt so disrespected and bulli… read more
I was falsely accused by a co worker, she told HR that I
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I was falsely accused by a co worker, she told HR that I said my boss was having an affair, which I never said. I was demoted and believe I have been unfairly accused, what can I do. Just a little abo… read more
One of my co-workers, in upper management, has been
Sam, Attorney
One of my co-workers, in upper management, has been displaying very erratic behavior. I hate to jump to conclusions, but it is as if she has a mental illness and is not being treated. She has expresse… read more
General manager accused me of stealing... There is no HR.
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
General manager accused me of stealing... JA: Have you discussed the accusation with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer? Customer: There is no HR. The other manager told me JA: Are you an "at will" emp… read more
A co worker and I went to upper management about something
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
A co worker and I went to upper management about something our direct manager put on social media that we felt pertained directly to our team and was upsetting. We asked they not mention our names and… read more
Someone at work accused me of having a sexual relationship
Ray, Employment lawyer
Someone at work accused me of having a sexual relationship with a co-worker. It's not true. Manager told me they will have to investigate. I am a single female managing male workers. This is the 2nd t… read more
I have a co-worker making fasle accusations about me to management.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I have a co-worker making fasle accusations about me to management. As a result of these accusations I feel that my job is being threatened. Does this constitute a hostile work enviroment?… read more
I have a co-worker/assitant manager that has falsely accused
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
I have a co-worker/assitant manager that has falsely accused me of numerous infraction. Some of these are serious in reference to accusation of myself sending inaapropriate pictures to customers. Othe… read more
I was accused of sexually harassing an co-worker, but nowhere
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I was accused of sexually harassing an co-worker, but nowhere during our (co-worker and me) conversation was sex for favors or anything else even remotely mentioned. We were talking about skiing and s… read more
A co-worker of mine has been accused of making a racist” statement.
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
A co-worker of mine has been accused of making a “racist” statement. An exchange was made between two co-workers. Person 1 stated: “No one wants to work with you.” Person 2 stated: “Thank-you for tell… read more
I was accused of falsifying my time card. My manager told HR
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I was accused of falsifying my time card. My manager told HR that I took a Report Express Class to learn the policy and procedures of payroll and I had not. I did not know that I could not manually pu… read more
The HR person, I believe is the HR manager told me that if I
melissamesq
melissamesq, Attorney
The HR person, I believe is the HR manager told me that if I did not seek s drug/alcohol program through any testing facility that he will inform any/all future employers that I apply to of my positiv… read more
I recently was falsely accused by our HR person of physically
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I recently was falsely accused by our HR person of physically assaulting her--this complaint was fed to the HR Manager and to my boss. A witness later went to my boss and told him that it didn't happe… read more
I am the GM for a company in Indiana and was dating a co-worker
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I am the GM for a company in Indiana and was dating a co-worker (there is nothing listed in our handbook stating that this behavior is prohibited). We got into an argument one night after work and he … read more
A co-worker said told HR that my son was lyrics harassing
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
A co-worker said told HR that my son was sexual lyrics harassing another co-worker. That coworker was confronted and she said no but he was still fired. What can he do… read more
A co worker has accused me of body language that she takes
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
a co worker has accused me of body language that she takes as offensive; rolling my eyes, exhaling; this co worker reports to me; … read more
I have a co-worker who have been for the last 5 almost 6
Ely, Counselor at Law
I have a co-worker who have been for the last 5 almost 6 mths. been applying false accusations to manager and HR on me what should I do. … read more
HOw do you cope with co worker that takes advantage of company
HOw do you cope with co worker that takes advantage of company and no one will listen to you about it..I have told upper management about it but I always get into trouble for it instead.… read more