Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I had a manager quit and went to work for a competitor. She
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Lawyer
I had a manager quit and went to work for a competitor. She keeps calling my employees trying to get them to come with her. Also one of my midlevel managers called in sick for two days. We heard she w… read more
I went into work today and the new store manager asked me to
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
I went into work today and the new store manager asked me to come back to the office. She informed me that she had bad news. I thought that i was being demoted from asst. manager. I ask if that was wh… read more
I have a question I was terminated today by my supervisor.
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I have a question? I was terminated today by my supervisor. She called me to tell me that someone had come into the executive directors office and complained that i have given information about a pati… read more
I WORK FOR THE COUNTY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF MY JOB CALL ME
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
I WORK FOR THE COUNTY I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF MY JOB CALL ME ON A SNOW DAY AND SAID NOT TO COME IN BY ME NOT COMING IN AM I ELIGIBLE FOR EIGHT HOURS PAY OR NONE.… read more
My manager asked me to come to her desk and she said to me
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
My manager asked me to come to her desk and she said to me that I am an asset to the company and she would hate to lose me due to me venting my frustrations to the wrong person. The employee who sits … read more
On a day i was scheduled off from work my employer called and
On a day i was scheduled off from work my employer called and asked me to come in. I said that I couldn't because i had a doctor's appointment, she then told me I had to produce a doctor's note. Can s… read more
How much legal responsibility does a manager have to know
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
How much legal responsibility does a manager have to know exactly what their employees are doing. … read more
I have been working in a pediatric office for 5months. the
Ellen, Attorney
I have been working in a pediatric office for 5months. the manager had told me, I was terminated but the Doctor said she is giving me another chance. I have followed all the rules in the clinic and as… read more
I ask a person in management questions on what a person that
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
I ask a person in management questions on what a person that work with told me. management went to HR. I confirm that I did ask some question. can that emplyee be written up for insubbordination for n… read more
I was called into the managers office at work tonight. He
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney at Law
I was called into the managers office at work tonight. He said he was calling me into the office to talk to me about the condition of my department. We talked for several minutes and after trying to e… read more
Someone I know has worked at a company for 12 years and they
Loren, employment lawyer
Someone I know has worked at a company for 12 years and they just got a brand new manager. The manager asked them to do a task that was not in their job description and required them to have knowledge… read more
I worked at a restaurant in chicago, and have had several issues
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I worked at a restaurant in chicago, and have had several issues with the management. I dont know what to do because I have wrote an email to My GM asking for the Human resources information three tim… read more
My employer called me in and asked me, "Do you know of anyone
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
My employer called me in and asked me, "Do you know of anyone who doesn't live by our company's values?" I said, yes, one man who was known as being a schmoozer, never did his work, slacked off so oth… read more
The question that I have has nothing to do with work, but I
INFOLAWYER, Partner
The question that I have has nothing to do with work, but I would like to know if someone call me a ni**er on church ground for no reason could anything be done or would I have a case and what would I… read more
On 7/2011 the Store Manager yelled at me for asking him a question.
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
On 7/2011 the Store Manager yelled at me for asking him a question. He shouted “What” because I had called his name. A customer needed some information about a project. On 7/2011 the department manage… read more
I don't know what to do so but this is what happened one of
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I don't know what to do so but this is what happened one of the store manager at a store I work at told me she was sending one of her cashiers over to work with me because I'm black and he black so ma… read more
i was told by my manager that i had to come in and work on
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
i was told by my manager that i had to come in and work on the weekend but not to clock in she would fix my time for me when kronos was closing. i came in and worked the weekend for about 2 hours. whe… read more
I have someone working for me less than three months. She was
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I have someone working for me less than three months. She was asked to do a job (wash dishes) she refused she said "you can send me home". The manager sent her home. Can i fire her now?… read more