Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have a gender discrimination case that my union sent a…

Customer Question
I have a gender...

I have a gender discrimination case that my union sent a letter saying that the company would not comply with the union and now I have gone to human rights to file a case do I need a lawyer to defend me

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discrimination issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes union lawyer and I sat together but my boss refused to give me what I was deserved

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes but I they cant go any further

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes how long does this process take

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
5/6/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: No, you do not. You can handle the case on your own. However, at anytime that you are overwhelmed with the process, you can try to find employment Attorneys to assist you with the case. Unfortunately, most employment Attorneys charge between $5,000.00 and $10,000.00 to represent employees in employment discrimination cases.

You can use the following sites to find local employment/labor Attorneys:

Google.com Lawyers.com Justia.com Findlaw.com Goodluck with your case, <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt"> Thank you for your cooperation.
Thank you for your response and help.

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly use the popup screen to give a 5-star rating so that I can receive credit for responding to your post.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Have a wonderful day!