Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
Can an employer terminate me for having a flatulence problem?
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Can an employer terminate me for having a flatulence problem? I have tried every means to control it, it is not a everyday occurrence or every minute occurence but one co-worker is making my life hell… read more
My employer has suspended me from working and stopped paying
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
My employer has suspended me from working and stopped paying me for being falsely accused of being rude to a manger while servicing an account. If my company decides to start me back to work should I … read more
My employer provided me with a (6) month severance agreement
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My employer provided me with a (6) month severance agreement after being laid off due to a 10% reduction in workforce. The agreement had a 45 day clause to sign the agreement in conjunction with all t… read more
I wanted to see if a previous employer is allowed to make
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I wanted to see if a previous employer is allowed to make subjective comments on a background check. I was fired from my last job and they prevented me from obtaining my next job by actually telling t… read more
A coworker got mad because another coworker was in charge
Legal Eagle, Attorney
a coworker got mad because another coworker was in charge due to the boss being gone and made the comment that the first comment was in the warehouse again letting in a trucker. I responded Lisa you a… read more
I have been fired due to a customer complaint of my being rude.
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
I have been fired due to a customer complaint of my being rude. I can't even remember the situation they are accusing me of. I think it is bogus. In NC it is okay to fire without a reason. Help!… read more
My employer wants me to sign a noncompete agreement after being
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
My employer wants me to sign a noncompete agreement after being employed for a year, and four months in my current position. They say if i do not sign it they will let me go however after i turned it … read more
Hello, I received notice from my former employer that they
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
Hello, I received notice from my former employer that they want tuition repayment ($8.5K) from me after being gone for 2 years. The contract states that when I leave they are to withhold any outstandi… read more
My employer offered me severance equal to 3 months salary and
Al Meyer
Al Meyer, Attorney
My employer offered me severance equal to 3 months salary and 3 months health benefit continuation after being laid off due to lack of work or admin downsizing. They offered to pay me in a lump or by-… read more
Employer states was fired due to being rude, insolent, or offensive.
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
Employer states was fired due to being rude, insolent, or offensive. Is it pos to appeal this and win with out proof on my end?… read more
Is it legal for my employer in california to terminate me for
Loren, employment lawyer
Is it legal for my employer in california to terminate me for being out so long on disability due to back problems that I required surgery for that wasn't completely succesful and can I collect unempl… read more
CAN an employer assign me to a lower paying job for being gone
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
CAN an employer assign me to a lower paying job for being gone on a loa for more then 12weeks due to being hospitalized for 10 days ?… read more
My employer fired me 2 months after I went to HR with a complaint
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My employer fired me 2 months after I went to HR with a complaint I was being descriminated against due to my gender. About a week before I was fired they gave me a written warning and suspended me fo… read more
My employer terminated me after 5 years of employment due to
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My employer terminated me after 5 years of employment due to being wrongfully hired due to FDIC section 19. (I disclosed my mishap on my job application as i did not know if I was required to or not)I… read more
I was fired over an situation where an employee started
Legal Eagle, Attorney
I was fired over an situation where an employee started making rude comments to me i front of my guest and she was finally separated from. The following day I come in and my manager tells me I am bein… read more
After being out on disability for three months my job is putting
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
After being out on disability for three months my job is putting me on inactive status. They told me that due to the People with Disabilities Act I would be kept on inactive status for one year and I … read more
Being harassed by my boss making comment to me, and being bullied
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Being harassed by my boss making comment to me, and being bullied my a 51 old woman. Its started when the 51 old woman did time clock thief, I turned to my Lpm is security manager with a email asking … read more
In 2002, after being absent from my job months due to mental
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
In 2002, after being absent from my job for six months due to mental illness, my branch director (FDA) called me up at home and tried to convince me to accept a disability retirement. At the time, I w… read more