Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

John, Employment Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I was recently terminated from employment as a regional manager
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
I was recently terminated from employment as a regional manager in NC from the company that I worked for five + years based on an unsubstantiated and alleged sexual harassment of a new employee. This … read more
Are there any lawyers who can assist my friend She was a
Ray, Employment lawyer
Are there any lawyers who can assist my friend? She was a New York state employee and was terminated and not notified of her COBRA rights. She is now unable to obtain her medications, which are of a p… read more
I would need to get assistance from an expert that
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Hello,I would need to get assistance from an expert that specializes in New York State Employment/Labor/HR areas in order to answer my question. I am experiencing difficult situation with the company … read more
New York State: Is it legal for an employer to require you
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
New York State: Is it legal for an employer to require you to see a psychiatrist in order to stay employed (after ten years) and then make copies of your visitation receipts and put them in your perso… read more
An employer conducted an audit after the HR Manager was terminated
Loren, employment lawyer
An employer conducted an audit after the HR Manager was terminated and discovered that she did not send out COBRA notices to 14 terminated employees in 2012. What should the employer do?… read more
My son was terminated today for making a mistake on pa
AttorneyTom
AttorneyTom, Attorney at Law
My son was terminated today for "making a mistake on paperwork" per the HR manager. Plus the HR manager advised him to sign up for unemployment. He was employed for 6 years with the company with good … read more
Need a lawyer who can answer on New York State question. My
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Need a lawyer who can answer on New York State question. My daughter was initially denied benefits. She went to a hearing and won and the referee said she was entitled to back benefits from February. … read more
Can an employee rescind a resignation letter in the state of
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Can an employee rescind a resignation letter in the state of new york? … read more
can an employer terminate you cause you worked a 20 hr. shift.
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
can an employer terminate you cause you worked a 20 hr. shift. told the supervisor that had came in that day at 3pm, that all my duties were done and was going home?… read more
In new York state can a LPN be mandated. To work over 8 hrs
John, Employment Lawyer
In new York state can a LPN be mandated. To work over 8 hrs if they can under what cercumstans… read more
As regional manager of assisted and retired communities for
INFOLAWYER, Partner
As regional manager of assisted and retired communities for the state of New Mexico, my superior and one of the VP's of the National organization stated that all Sales managers in each community would… read more
I was terminated 11/2008. i was an assistant manager at a restaurant
I was terminated 11/2008. i was an assistant manager at a restaurant and my regional manager took me to the office and says i am not a fit for the company. Affter 9 months employment and no verbal or … read more
I am a regional safety manager/HR in the transportation
Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy, Member
Hi! I am a regional safety manager/HR in the transportation business. Our dispatch lady is very controlling. I was assisting an employee in my office setting up his email when dispatch lady interrupte… read more
Hi, am a New York State resident who was terminated from employment
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
Hi, am a New York State resident who was terminated from employment on January 7th of 2011, I want to file a claim for Unpaid wages ( pay period ended January 14th, and no check was sent), ex-employer… read more
What are the laws in New York State regarding employer references
Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Attorney
What are the laws in New York State regarding employer references for employees who have been terminated? What information is the former employer allowed to divulge legally? At the time of my terminat… read more
Can you point me to a lawyer in New York City who can
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
Doug, can you point me to a lawyer in New York City who can prepare the Notice of termination today… read more
if you speak to an HR manager at your employer in confidence
Phillips Esq., Attorney
if you speak to an HR manager at your employer in confidence regarding another employees actions and that HR manager tells the employee in question about your confidential conversation - is that a vio… read more
Can you help with Employment Law? HR, my direct supervisor
Ray, Employment lawyer
Yes, HR, my direct supervisor multiple times and the regional director for my dept … read more