Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Ray, Employment lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
My sister has been on short term disability since July. It's
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My sister has been on short term disability since July. It's ending this week. She has a disability lawyer and has an appointment to apply for SSDI on February 2nd. Her go back to work date is this Sa… read more
My wife started working for Fairview clinic in July of last
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
My wife started working for Fairview clinic in July of last year and they said that she did not sign up for Short Term Disability because she did not log into the system. But she does have long term d… read more
i went out of work on short term disability in january for
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
i went out of work on short term disability in january for a hip replacement surgery and still have yet to be released by my doctor to return to work due to the physical duties of my job i was informe… read more
I went out of work on short term disability. I was put in a
Loren, employment lawyer
I went out of work on short term disability. I was put in a Short term disability status and told that my employment would end once I was released to work. At that time I was not eligible for FMLA. I … read more
I initially went out on short term disability from work for
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
I initially went out on short term disability from work for my back and leg pain. While off and waiting to see an orthopedic surgeon I had a seizure and was hospitalized for a subarachnoid hemorrhage.… read more
My father-in-law was diagnosed with stomach cancer last year
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
Hello, My father-in-law was diagnosed with stomach cancer last year and went on short-term disability on September 6, 2018. It was provided by his workplace. The disability would last through March 20… read more
I had taken FMLA from mid July until October 13th of this year.
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I had taken FMLA from mid July until October 13th of this year. My employer provides six months of short term disability for their employees. My time off was taken after a cancer diagnosis for surgery… read more
In July of 2012 I applied for short term disability through
John, Employment Lawyer
In July of 2012 I applied for short term disability through my employer because of having sciatica and lower back pain issues that causes me great pain and discomfort when sitting or standing for long… read more
After enduring a hostile work environment for almost a year,
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
After enduring a hostile work environment for almost a year, I went on FMLA and short term disability. I applied for a 30 day personal leave after my FMLA expired and submitted an ADA request for a tr… read more
My wife went out on short term disability and was under the
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
My wife went out on short term disability and was under the care of two doctors. She went out around 9 jan and returned 9 April. The company had STD in place so while she was out the insurance was pay… read more
i was on short term disability that went in to long term disabilty
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
i was on short term disability that went in to long term disabilty and i was released to go back to work with iut any resrictions on feb 7 there was a job opening where i had worked and they did not g… read more
My husband has been ill on and off since last October. He
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
My husband has been ill on and off since last October. He used 77 short term disability days, 8 days on the books as FMLA days (I was ill), and 9 days listed in their books as "doctor leave days". The… read more
If a person is returning to work from short term disability,
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
If a person is returning to work from short term disability, can an employer lay you off prior to the release date of the short term disability. I understand that there is no guarantee of expectation … read more
Can my employer terminate me while i am out on disability.
socrateaser, employment lawyer
I originally went out on FMLA and short term disability April 24th for medical reasons. My short term disability ended October 24th and I was waiting for the long term disability ruling whether I was … read more
My work put me on short-term disability when I was pregnant,
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
My work put me on short-term disability when I was pregnant, but it has been denied. Disability has stated that there was no clinical evidence that would demonstrate a functional loss and inability to… read more
I work for walmart for almost 9 yrs. I am on Full Disability
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
I work for walmart for almost 9 yrs. I am on Full Disability and I have been denied my accomadations, and I am a college student and was told that if I don't open my hours of availabilty I would have … read more
I have been on short term, then long term disability since
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
I have been on short term, then long term disability since mid-October 2010, the last part covered by FMLA. I was told I could return to work by my physician, and my employer agreed that I could retur… read more
Before i went on short term and long term disability (1 Year)
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Before i went on short term and long term disability (1 Year) I was employed by the Glidden/akzonobel paint corp from 2006-2009,as an outside salesman.My LTD claim ended on 10-17-2010.On 10-14-2010 i … read more