Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Experience:  Employment/Labor Law Litigation
20011183

Everyone in office works 36hrs but is paid 40hrs but me. I

Customer Question

Everyone in office works 36hrs but is paid 40hrs but me. I work same hrs as everyone else but only paid for 36hrs. When I go on vacation I have to claim 40hrs but I am paid for only 36hrs
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Not discussed with lawyer. Did try to discuss with office manager and she acted like I was being paid like every one else. She is no longer working at office. owner admits to this but made no effort to change situation
JA: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I don’t belong to a union
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This has been going on since 2012
Category: Employment Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

Do you have any idea why you are being treated less favorably? Do you think this is because of your race or religion, for instance? I very much look forward to assisting you on this matter.