Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had a questions regarding an employee who went out on

Customer Question
I had a questions...

I had a questions regarding an employee who went out on disability and the last note we received stated they were to return on 04/16/18. we havent eard aytihng from the employee

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I am the manager and was not sure if this falls under job abondenment

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes we are at will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is there a feee for this conversation

Lawyer's Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Ok thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/23/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

Have you tried following up with the employee? Also, what specifically would you like to know here? I very much look forward to assisting you on this matter.

we have not followed up with the employee. She sent us a note from her Doctor stating she would return on 04/16/18 and we have not heard anything else from the employee or their doctor. since it's been a week is this considered job abandenment?

Thank you. Can you please let me know what state you are in?