Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have an employee who has resigned and has an ongoing

I have an employee...

I have an employee who has resigned and has an ongoing garnishment. Do I take the 25% from his severance pay which he is not actively working in the factory for the 2 weeks

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with your HR staff? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Is your employee "at will?" Does he belong to a union?

No union just a small family business

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I spoke with the magistrate court his morning and they told me they received a dismissal on the garnishment in the mail today. Also, the employee said he never was served papers, but the company was

4/23/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Where garnishment applies to all assets of debt or employee, yes. If any ambiguity can clarify with creditor lawyer.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
acceptable
Thanks. Please click the 5 star (*****) rating - it’s the only way I receive credit by the site. Leaving a bonus after rating is always very much appreciated. if you dont see the rating button you can just type back “5 stars” Thank you!
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Infolawyer, Lawyer