Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I am an at-will employee terminated from employment based on
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I am an at-will employee terminated from employment based on conduct. The termination letter gave multiple reasons all of which I was unaware. Do I have any recourse?… read more
I was recently laid off from my job. The reason given for the
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I was recently laid off from my job. The reason given for the termination of my services was that the quality of my work was consistently below par. A number of so-called instances of poor performance… read more
Is it reasonable and/or legal to not allow for exempt employees
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
Is it reasonable and/or legal to not allow for exempt employees to have time off? and when an exempt employee is working in excess of 40 hours a week and are allowed time off can the employer require … read more
I was terminated from Tractor Supply Companys Wylie, TX store
Ellen, Attorney
I was terminated from Tractor Supply Company's Wylie, TX store #539 after blowing the whistle on the continued sexual harassment of a manager on 2 part time female cashiers for "conducting my own inve… read more
I was recently terminated from my employment. The reasons they
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
I was recently terminated from my employment. The reasons they gave me: #1 They have known for some time that I was unhappy at work. #2 A comment I made to the owner during an argument I had with him … read more
If an employee has to take off work for medical reasons and
Ely, Counselor at Law
If an employee has to take off work for medical reasons and claim short-term disability benefits (short-term disability is provided by the company), can the employer use that employee's FMLA leave, as… read more
Terminated from employment for reasons that other employees
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Terminated from employment for reasons that other employees have done same type of action. Instance of contaminated meds being issued to a patient without family knowing and hospital not doing anythin… read more
I was terminated from job the reason they gave me is that I
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
I was terminated from job the reason they gave me is that I was over qualified. I worked for a dentist and I worked for them for a 1 year and half. I never got any breaks the whole time I worked there… read more
Can an employer lay off and then terminate an employee with
Experienced Attorney
Experienced Attorney, JD
Can an employer lay off and then terminate an employee with the reasoning that their position is being disposed of, and then put someone else in that same position?… read more
I recently terminated an employee due to various reasons including
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Doctoral Degree
I recently terminated an employee due to various reasons including but not limited to annoying customers, talking bad about products and services offered and poor quality of work, service and performa… read more
I was recently terminated from my job for dozing off at work
John, Employment Lawyer
I was recently terminated from my job for dozing off at work because of the medications I am on and since then I have had a couple of interviews in which I didn't get the job im guessing because of wh… read more
I was recently terminated from my job reason they gave said
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
mam I was recently terminated from my job reason they gave said I was drinking on yhe job. yhat was false they requested a drug and alcohol test and I complied. then they said the clinic was closed so… read more
Can an employer request/allow that an employee work off the
Brandon, Esq.
Brandon, Esq., Senior Counsel
Can an employer request/allow that an employee work off the clock to cover damages or poor workmanship?… read more
I recently worked for a retail corporation which I was terminated
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I recently worked for a retail corporation which I was terminated from. The reason for termination was they received information from a third party notifying them that while in their employment I was … read more
Can an employee be terminated for working off the clock and
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Can an employee be terminated for working off the clock and the company not have to pay unemployment? Employee has only been employed one month.… read more
a few employees employees were recently terminated from the
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
a few employees employees were recently terminated from the office where i work at. after they were let go, an HR rep contacted me alleging that "confidential employee information" was divulged regard… read more
i was terminated by my employers ,the reason they gave me was
JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Attorney
i was terminated by my employers ,the reason they gave me was because one of my other cooemployee wouldnt come to job unless i was fired as her position is higher than mine she is the team lead of all… read more
I was just terminated after returning to work from a work related
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I was just terminated after returning to work from a work related injury. The termination stated that I did not supply documentation from the doctor I received treatment from. I personally hand delive… read more