Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was promised to be paid by Icon shipping and freight

I was promised to...

I was promised to be paid by Icon shipping and freight solutions the amount of 6685.00 at the end of this month but though I have continued to work throughout this month , at his point they are not answering my e-mails, and I don't believe they plan to pay me, what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.

I mean they have disappeared and not made any contact with me foe the last week and a half

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I have not found a lawyer yet, I don't know theHR manager

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will It was a work at home job

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That I did work for them for two and a half months

4/22/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Was this an internet reshipping job where you were sent parcels and had to repackage them and send them on? Did they pay you anything at all? If so, by what means? Do you have a website for this company?

that is exactly the type of job and no they have not paid anything so far and I still have three parcels that have no shipping labels
I really have very limited funds I have been waiting to b paid for over two months
Icon Shipping and Freight solutions LTD. Lans Winfree I believe was the manager.

Please give me a few minutes to type you a full reply.

Actually it was Lans [email protected] freight services LTD

Unfortunately, you've been scammed. You're the victim of an internet reshipping fraud. There's no real company called Icon Shipping and Freight Solutions -- or if there is, you are not dealing with the real company. You have been working with thieves and have been helping them launder their stolen money. You're not going to get a salary.

Scammers make purchases with stolen credit card numbers and then see to it that it all traces to you and not them. The parcels go to you and you think you have a legitimate job so you reship them from your residence. They disappear because you're expendable and they had no intention of ever paying you to begin with. You end up with nothing, or worse, if the authorities get involved and find you.

Here's a warning about this kind of scam from the Federal Trade Commission:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2016/06/scammers-say-help-wanted

Do not ship the remaining parcels. Follow the advice on the FTC's link above. You want to be able to report this to establish yourself as exactly what you are -- an innocent victim, hoodwinked into assisting in trafficking in stolen goods.

The post office warns of this scam too:

http://about.usps.com/publications/pub300a/pub300a_tech_022.htm

Thank you for this information

You might want to also talk to a local criminal lawyer and see whether he or she would assist you in safely reporting this to your police and/or to the FBI. You can't keep or send on the packages.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer