Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I have a EDD telephone interview for my unemployment insurance
socrateaser, Lawyer
I have a EDD telephone interview for my unemployment insurance benefits in California tomorrow morning. I was terminated during my one year probation period after 10 months of employment. I was not gi… read more
I am on California EDD unemployment insurance and was wondering
socrateaser, Lawyer
I am on California EDD unemployment insurance and was wondering if what the word "apply" as in 'Applied for Work' means. The reason I ask is, it is a requirement that I look for work which is totally … read more
I live in California. The EDD has asked me to payback unemployment
Roger, Litigation Attorney
I live in California. The EDD has asked me to payback unemployment insurance that i was paid. I thought I was entitled to it. It turns out I was incorrect. They have added a 30% penalty because they s… read more
My continuing claim form was late and now I have a telephone
socrateaser, Lawyer
My continuing claim form was late and now I have a telephone interview with California EDD. I've been looking online and it says that I may be okay if there was good cause of "mistake, inadvertence, s… read more
I work for a nation wide health care company and we do telephonic
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I work for a nation wide health care company and we do telephonic case management for a large out of state worker's comp insurance carrier. In a nutshell, only production counts and as a new hire (jus… read more
My employer stated all employees have to have health insurance,
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My employer stated all employees have to have health insurance, or be signed up for the insurance they offer. I had my own insurance, but my employer went into my own password "secured" benefit page a… read more
Can an employer deny unemployment benefits by stating to EDD
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Can an employer deny unemployment benefits by stating to EDD the employee's financial situation?… read more
For the NJ Unemployment Insurance Claims Examiner Interview,
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
For the NJ Unemployment Insurance Claims Examiner Interview, phone interview, are you under oath? What about the 2nd phase (tribunal)? Do I have to answer the questions truthfully? Are they taping the… read more
How much could my unemployment insurance go up if a fired employee
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Juris Doctor
How much could my unemployment insurance go up if a fired employee gets unemployment? Some background: We're considering not contesting an employees application for unemployment because we're afraid o… read more
If I have an employee that I provide health insurance for and
socrateaser, Lawyer
If I have an employee that I provide health insurance for and he is also a member of the local union, am I obligated to pay into the union Health and Welfare fund while paying for his health insurance… read more
I recently attempted to re-open an extended unemployment claim
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
I recently attempted to re-open an extended unemployment claim with CA EDD(thought I had a job but didn't), and after being told over the phone that my claim was approved and that I was also eligible … read more
Help, I have to send in to the EDD an appeal because they denied
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Help, I have to send in to the EDD an appeal tomorrow because they denied my unemployment insurance. The EED said I was overpaid and was fradulent in reporting my claims. I was not. I need help. I tru… read more
I quit my job on monday----filed for unemployment and have
Ellen, Attorney
I quit my job on monday----filed for unemployment and have a telephone interview sched for a few weeks from now--wondering what i will need to make sure benefits are paid. Was working in a hostile env… read more
can an employer force employees to join the health care plan
Ray, Employment lawyer
can an employer force employees to join the health care plan even if an employee already has insurance through their spouse?… read more
Just finished talkin to an EDD representative for the
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Just finished talkin to an EDD representative for the scheduled unemployment claims interview and it seemed one sided where the guy is siding so much in favor of my employer and was not in the intenti… read more
Is an employee eligible for unemployment insurance benefits
John, Employment Lawyer
Is an employee eligible for unemployment insurance benefits if he/she is not assigned job during holiday seasons and not paid? For example, a truck driver was paid hourly by a staffing company. During… read more
I have applied for unemployment insurance in California after
socrateaser, Lawyer
I have applied for unemployment insurance in California after quitting my job for good reasons. My hearing is coming up and I'm wondering what percent of appeals are overturned in California. I believ… read more
I am a health care provider in Illinois, and have an insurance
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I am a health care provider in Illinois, and have an insurance company requesting a refund for treating an employee as they had company health insurance. They originally paid these claims that date ba… read more