Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My supervisor told my peers about me possibly being put on…

Customer Question
My supervisor told my...

My supervisor told my peers about me possibly being put on administrative leave due to sales integrity I went to HR about the issue he told me nothing has come across his desk for me. The same day that same day HR went to that supervisor and told her what I said. A couple days later my Manager stopped me on my way to lunch and told it is true but they can’t discuss anything with me and that I was never suppose to know. I HR held a meeting with me yesterday and asked who was telling my peers my business I wouldn’t tell and they told me “well you know since you are not telling us anything there’s a possibility if this happens again we won’t believe you” all because I wouldn’t tell them how I found out they also stated they wasn’t sure if I would be fired or not I’m just super stressed about the whole situation it’s been 3 weeks since the rumor started and I dnt know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

With hr yes lawyer no

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes and no

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
4/22/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question about this situation for us?