Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I'm not sure of my rights. I am listed under the ADA with…

I'm not sure of...

I'm not sure of my rights. I am listed under the ADA with asthma. Perfumes, cigs, body lotions trigger my asthma. My employer requested I file a paper with my doctors and ADA to list restrictions and accommodations the employer needed to provided for me for a safe environment. This was established over a year ago. My problem with flare ups have not improved. I'm out of work same the amount if not more. losing pay.I cant file TDI because it work related. what can I do. There is a letter stated I needed at least 20 feet diameter which the company stated they will do 10 feet. to keep all other employees which were perfumes,smoke and scented lotion away. All employees have been notified. the same employees that have cause me to be removed by rescue are still assaulting my airway.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Mutiple times with managment, directors, and HR Director over the last three years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will no union

4/22/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking how to get HR to provide broader accomodation?

no. just to comply with what was agreed upon with hr and my doctor.

Agreed, and HR should have arranged for that in the first place.

Often this is accomplished with a letter from local counsel, as this raises their risk and makes compliance much cheaper and risk free.

Ok thank you. Have a nice day

Very welcome.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Infolawyer, Lawyer

If you dont see the rating button you can just reply "5 stars"