Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
Can employers take money out of your without signed consent
Legal Eagle, Attorney
can employers take money out of your without signed consent can that take out for background just because you left the job without signed consent … read more
I currently work for a credit union that is being merged
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
I currently work for a credit union that is being merged with a bigger credit union of which I used to work for. I was on the no re-hire list of the company that is acquiring my current employer. Can … read more
My employer is trying to get me to sign an employment
melissamesq
melissamesq, Attorney
My employer is trying to get me to sign an employment agreement after I have been there 18 mos … read more
Can you be asked to pay back a sign on bonus? Not yet.
John, Employment Lawyer
I was a airline pilot. when I was hired I received a sign on bonus and now that I have resigned they want it back… read more
Well, I am being set up for a disciplinary action for which
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
well, I am being set up for a disciplinary action for which I feel is unjustified, biased, and is discriminatory. should I sign the form and agree or can I dispute it? I feel the company will fire me … read more
I believe I was illegally terminated from by own start-up as
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I believe I was illegally terminated from by own start-up as CEO. Can I speak to someone. Now they are asking me to give up most of my shares in the company in a settlement agreement. … read more
I am a small business franchise owner and I background check
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I am a small business franchise owner and I background check all of my independent contractors. I had a clean background check and they have worked with me for 3 months. I did more research myself onl… read more
I am the founder of an online school, that is now a
P. Simmons, Attorney
I am the founder of an online school, that is now a 501(c)(3). In the past 6 months we have gone through a major transition. I have replaced the Chair and the woman who was Ed Direction resigned (angr… read more
I was terminated from my employment on Friday March 30,
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Good morning. I was terminated from my employment on Friday March 30, 2018. I have received a contract with a severance amount in it. However, in reading over the document, it states ... affirms that … read more
I've recently signed up with two practices as an independent
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
I've recently signed up with two practices as an independent contractor (therapist), but now a new and better work opportunity with benefits presents itself. Both practices have restrictive non-compet… read more
I work for a cryptocurrency company that could be perceived
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I work for a cryptocurrency company that could be perceived as violating reg S or reg D during the ICO (token sale). The company I work for is in the Philippines and I am in Los Angeles. My role was B… read more
Our CEO established Unlimited Paid Time Off this past year
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
Our CEO established Unlimited Paid Time Off this past year for our small catering company which has 5 FT year round staff and up to 75 seasonal, part time staff. I am concerned with how, when a salari… read more
Can a Local union president file complaints against a union
John, Employment Lawyer
can a Local union president file complaints against a union employee with the company HR person am … read more
1) We are a small startup company with a capital of $100K
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
1) We are a small startup company with a capital of $100K based in San Jose, CA. with an engineering/R&D org in Korea about 11/2 yrs. old. We are trying to Give Founders Shares (about 5-15%) (3rd part… read more
Employment Law Question: BACKGROUND QUESTIONS: 1) Based upon
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Employment Law Question: BACKGROUND QUESTIONS: 1) Based upon facts below, is this a viable case? 2) If so, strong, moderate or weak? 3) Can COO sue Company A for 2013 thru today for 20% ownership? 4) … read more
Background: At will employment working for a small, Privately
LadyJustice
LadyJustice, Attorney & Counselor At Law
Background: At will employment working for a small, Privately owned / ESOP, DoD Defense Engineering Firm in Indiana. The CEO and Founder placed a 30 year friend in my ops center out of New Orleans - w… read more
I am currently employed at a home health agency and am on an
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I am currently employed at a home health agency and am on an hourly rate in the office. I was approved to start working overtime last fall by verbal agreement with myself present along with the corpor… read more
California law question As an employee involved in technology
Loren, employment lawyer
California law question: As an employee involved in technology research an idea was presented to the CEO who declined interest, confirmed in writing, on behalf of the company. Employee developed a tec… read more