Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If an employee who is paid salary + commission, who is then…

Customer Question
If an employee who...

If an employee who is paid salary + commission, who is then terminated but still contractually entitled to receive commissions for 6 months on closed units, what remedy does employee have when employer fails to provide information to determine whether unit closed?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the termination discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Not with a lawyer. She was told by HR that he "voluntarily resigned? because she refused to accept new work location due to unreasonable commute. Plus, the reassignment came only after employee registered complaint with HR re: manager, i.e. "retaliation."

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will state. Salaried plus commissions.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

THat's the nexus of it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
4/21/2018
Employment Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what were the terms of the "resignation" and does the employee handbook speak to this issue?