Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Legalease
Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I had a formerwor. I had a former workmans comp case in 2009
melissamesq
melissamesq, Attorney
i had a former workmans comp case in 2009 and was settled in 2013 in august and medicare and social security is saying 5 years later that i have an open case which i don't benefit anything from and its affecting my medicare benefits, and how can i get this solved … read more
I have a question for a friend who was permanently disabled
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I have a question for a friend who was permanently disabled and on advice of her WC attorney settled her case agreeing to future medical care in the Sedgwick/Everest MPN, which has failed to provide q… read more
This is directed to a WC atty please........... Re: A WC
Barrister, Attorney/Landlord/Realtor
This is directed to a WC atty please...........Re: A WC settlement for a shoulder replacement. Do we have to claim this as income at tax time or is it exempt? Also, how long does the employer have to … read more
I'm asking these questions on behalf of a friend, who will
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Hi I'm asking these questions on behalf of a friend, who will then further engage you when needed. I have told him that he needs an employment lawyer, and here's why. I'd like your perspective on this… read more
What rights do I have while I'm on workers comp pending a
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
What rights do I have while I'm on workers comp pending a possible surgery. .. … read more
I am an assistant manager at a fast food chain. I was
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Hi there, I am an assistant manager at a fast food chain. I was recently instructed by my boss to terminate one of our crew members. I waited until in 5he company parking lot until the staff came out … read more
I want to ask a lawyer about my US Geological -EEOC
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I want to ask a lawyer about my US Geological -EEOC settlement for discrimination of my disability, I got back in 2014, $19,900, and I have been receiving disability from the US Office Of Personnel Ma… read more
My husband was hurt on the job in 2013 and has since had
Ray, Lawyer
My husband was hurt on the job in 2013 and has since had several shoulder injections, therapy etc. Recently he had another appt for an injection which made it worse and ended up meeting with the surge… read more
How can you get fired about a headband u refuses to take off
Infolawyer, Lawyer
How can you get fired about a headband u refuses to take off because of it helps you with your job and is not against the rules and just about every other coworker is wearing the same thing… read more
Hello, I am in desperate need of legal advice. Two years
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello, I am in desperate need of legal advice. Two years ago, I filed a physical and age discrimination against my employer, a local school district. At the time of my hiring the employment attorney, … read more
Can a employee be terminated while he was injured on the job
melissamesq
melissamesq, Attorney
Hello,can a employee be terminated while he was injured on the job ?, Had Reconstructive surgery with back implemental cage clamp and 4 screws,installed,and with permanate nerve damages,and the compan… read more
I was wondering if you could help me with a NY WC case. I have
Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Managing Attorney Partner
I was wondering if you could help me with a NY WC case. I have talked to someone before about this on this site. I have had bad complications due to an RFA procedure. I also have had a spinal fusion. … read more
I was injured at work, severed 6 tendons and nerves to the
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I was injured at work, severed 6 tendons and nerves to the palm of my left hand. Worker's Comp. covered my surgeries and rehabilitation. I recieved a disability rating of 3% and a check for $1700. The… read more
Ive worked for company X for 6 1/2 and I filed a workers comp
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
I've worked for company X for 6 1/2 and I filed a workers comp claim.....I do have a workers comp lawyer but he doesn't seem too concerned. I have FMLA filed with this company dating back to 2006, my … read more
I was injured on the job as a Transitional employee at the
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
I was injured on the job as a Transitional employee at the U. s. Postal Service here in Atlanta Georgia. March 1995. Faulty equipment, 2 foot surgeries. I was terminated in January of 1996. recieved 7… read more
was off on a short term disability for almost 3 months now
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
was off on a short term disability for almost 3 months now and am fighting workers comp to reopen a claim, employer called me over the phone and fired me and sent someone to pick up my phone, credit c… read more
i was just fired from my job because of having two ...
Faye Lee
Faye Lee, JD and MBA and Masters of Law
i was just fired from my job because of having two workman''s comp claim''s they pulled up on there computer seen i had two 18 yrs ago and the other one 15 years ago they said 12 yrs ago when i got hi… read more
I am on workers comp for PTSD because my office was
BusinessDoc
BusinessDoc, Doctoral Degree
I am on worker's comp for PTSD because my office was robbed for a third time. The first time was a burglary and I just had to clean up the mess. The second time I was alone with my staff person who I … read more