Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

DamienJD
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I was laid off from my position because the company said my
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I was laid off from my position because the company said my position was eliminated, however they have public job postings for the same position but in different locations, even though the locations a… read more
Im a 55 yr old African American woman in a position as a director
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
I'm a 55 yr old African American woman in a position as a director of a dept, with over 30 yrs service with the same company and dept, the problem is I have a position of director but I'm not allowed … read more
In 2002 I was layed off because my Position was eliminated.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
In 2002 I was layed off because my Position was eliminated. The person now with the same title is doing the same as I was. I was in upper management. Had 5yr. 6mo to go till retirement. My pay raises … read more
I was laid off because a my "position was eliminated" after
TexLaw
TexLaw, Attorney
I was laid off because a my "position was eliminated" after 8 years of employment, good performance reviews, and also being promoted approximately 2 years ago. The reasoning was that the revenue gener… read more
if i was laid off because my position was eliminated, shouldnt
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
if i was laid off because my position was eliminated, shouldn't i get a compensation package… read more
I was laid off as of 8/31/11 because of Job Elimination .
Ellen, Attorney
I was laid off as of 8/31/11 because of "Job Elimination". However my position wasn't eliminated after my termination, it was filled by another employee. Do I have any grounds for a case?… read more
I got terminated yesterday from my workplace and they said
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Hi I got terminated yesterday from my workplace and they said that the dept got closed and eliminate my position. I think that I was not given an opportunity to advance to another dept and discriminat… read more
I am 59 years old and eligible for full retirement from the
Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Lawyer/Advocate
I am 59 years old and eligible for full retirement from the Company I work for at 62. They have eliminated my position, shorting me approx. $400 per month pension. Do I have any recourse?… read more
I returned from a medical leave and was laid off for a position
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I returned from a medical leave and was laid off for a position I never held, They said they had eliminated the position of Food and Beverage Director and I was only the Food and Beverage Manager. Whe… read more
My position was recently eliminated and I was laid off. Apparently
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
My position was recently eliminated and I was laid off. Apparently the position was not eliminated and offered to one of my colleagues. Is this legal?… read more
I am a 59 year old female healthcare worker. My position is
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I am a 59 year old female healthcare worker. My position is management in which I oversee the Clinical aspects of patient care in several nursing facilities; assuring the facility remains in complianc… read more
I am 59 years old, established a position, grew through the
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
I am 59 years old, established a position, grew through the position from Director of Technical and Regulatory Affairs to VP of an internationally known association. Association has traded on my knowl… read more
My company laid me off after working for 16 years, saying my
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
My company laid me off after working for 16 years, saying my position is eliminated, is it mandatory for them to give me a severance, because i did not get one. I was only paid for the days i worked… read more
I was recently laid off because my position was eliminated
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I was recently laid off because my position was eliminated within my company. In a communication to my company, the head of my division announced a reorganization that will take place on July 1st. In … read more
My position at the hospital was eliminated ( Nurse Manager)
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
My position at the hospital was eliminated ( Nurse Manager) to restructure to a Director of the dept, a position that I was not qualified for. I have since applied for an availability position in the … read more
I am eliminating the position of a 65 year old, legally
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Doctoral Degree
I am eliminating the position of a 65 year old, legally blind, long term, part time employee, who tends to be a malcontent and will probably attempt to report us for any possible infractions surroundi… read more
Hi, I am 59 yrs old, my employer (city parks dept) is trying
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Hi, I am 59 yrs old, my employer (city parks dept) is trying to get rid of all of us who are at the highest pay step so they can then hire low paying entry level people. Every day I fear they are goin… read more
i was let go of my job, said the position was being eliminated.
John, Employment Lawyer
i was let go of my job, said the position was being eliminated. My last review stated i performed at a meets expectations review- my boss said i was scattered brained in my reveiw i went to a psychiat… read more