Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
My business partner is having relations with one of our employees.
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
My business partner is having relations with one of our employees. It has been going on for over a year. I am concerned about the liability as we are owners of the company. He is married and having th… read more
My business partner has a second business (with a separate
INFOLAWYER, Partner
My business partner has a second business (with a separate partner). She has asked some of our employees to "help out" at her second business. For example, one employee left mid-day to go to the secon… read more
If our company policy has not been put in place, and we terminate
Sam, Attorney
If our company policy has not been put in place, and we terminate an employee, with good cause at an at-will job. Can that employee come after our company for any legal reasons.… read more
If an employee is fired for cause but has been with the company
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
If an employee is fired for cause but has been with the company 11 years, what sort of questions can a prospective employer ask? Other than years of service and hire dates, can they ask for reason of … read more
Our company has an employee who recently terminated and their
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
Our company has an employee who recently terminated and their duties were of both sales (commission) and project management (hourly pay). Our agreement for compensation was to pay commission after a j… read more
Our company has an employee who works at the front desk of
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
Our company has an employee who works at the front desk of our business. One day a gay couple came in and this employee walked away and refused to assist them due to their religious beliefs. At the ti… read more
I have been terminated without cause. I signed an employment
LawTalk, Attorney at Law
I have been terminated without cause. I signed an employment contract when hired. I was handed a severance agreement and have a question on salary reimbursement. On my severance contract, I am being p… read more
I recently terminated an employee. Our business is in New
Loren, employment lawyer
I recently terminated an employee. Our business is in New Mexico. The employee was an "at will " employee. He was only told "his services were no longer needed". Employee was creating problems in seve… read more
Our company terminated an employee, he has retain all our photographic
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
Our company terminated an employee, he has retain all our photographic equipment stating he is owed back pay. The studio he is keeping from us is valued in the thousands of dolllars in cameras, printe… read more
If one employee terminates their employment with a company
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
if one employee terminates their employment with a company (for a month) and returns, this person was told they lost all benefits for quitting and would have to re earn them, regardless of 4 years of … read more
If an employee is terminated for cause, can that employee be
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
If an employee is terminated for cause, can that employee be prohibited from retiring from that company if he/she is otherwise qualified to retire (i.e. time in service, etc...)?… read more
Our company had terminated an employee last week, she ...
Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Founder
Our company had terminated an employee last week, she signed the contract for the employment as "at Will employment" do to her performance not being acceptable she was terminated before her 90 day pro… read more
Need to terminate an employee for our small business. We have
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Need to terminate an employee for our small business. We have reason to believe she is drinking on the job. She smells like a brewery. Every other employee has noticed the smell and comented to me. An… read more
I was wrongfully terminated with cause. Company has an appeal
John, Employment Lawyer
I was wrongfully terminated with cause. Company has an appeal process. I attempted to appeal, never could speak with anyone. Finally after many months a high executive from hr advised me that someone … read more
when an employee is terminated for cause (Colorado) such as
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
when an employee is terminated for cause (Colorado) such as violation of our company policy or violation of our customer's jobsite rules, how can we best document the incident to avoid employee's abil… read more
One of the employees at our small business was found to have
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
One of the employees at our small business was found to have falsely recorded a lot of his overtime hours (we have a surveillance system that shows him completely absent from premises during those day… read more
I am a contract employee who signed a non-compete clause. The
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I am a contract employee who signed a non-compete clause. The company terminated my employment without cause. Now the company I was contracted with wants to hire me. Can I go to work for them?… read more
Our small business has an employee who we've been having trouble
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
Our small business has an employee who we've been having trouble with due to an invisible disability, which we are aware of, but which she hasn't disclosed to us. She has Aspergers Syndrome, and she h… read more