Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
So, defamation of character, I would need to prove that they
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
So, defamation of character, I would need to prove that they knowingly spread false information about me? I have heard from several of my employee's, they were told I was terminated for having relatio… read more
I need to know if your employer can drop a dependent from my
Phillips Esq., Attorney
I need to know if your employer can drop a dependent from my Medical Insurance for not proving them with a copy of my son's birth certificate? My HR said they mailed me 2 letters and one was certified which was returned to them. I never received the first one that wasn't certified. I did receive a letter telling me they were dropping my son from my Insurance since I didn't provide them the the birth certificate. The next day I brought the birth certificate to work and it was faxed over to the HR dept. but they said it was too late and they can't do anything about it. As of yesterday Blue Cross Blue Shield still has my son on my insurance, but HR said my check will be adjusted for my son's premium amt. I had no idea and have never had a company want me to prove who my dependent is. Can they just drop him and leave him with no insurance until next year when re-enrollment begins? Thank you C***** *****on … read more
Can your employer accuse you of some unprofessional and distrubing
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Can your employer accuse you of some unprofessional and "distrubing" behavior without giving you any indication of what you did or said? Because you had already given notice to leave the company have … read more
Hello This question i think would relate to employment
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
Hello This question i think would relate to employment law. After whistle blowing and a a full investigation by internal audit a report has been written relating to the events. Is the whitleblower ent… read more
If an employer let's go of an employee with only two reasons
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi, Attorney
If an employer let's go of an employee with only two reasons 1- foul language used towards a student and the prove is “other staff had confirmed it and the employee was told to stop” how ever there is… read more
Need a NYS specialist. Employment Law as related to Workers
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Need a NYS specialist. Employment Law as related to Workers Comp. Have full time status (20 year employee), had work related injury 6 months ago, was out FMLA now back now working temporary reduced ho… read more
If you are fighting a sexual harrassment case towards your
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
If you are fighting a sexual harrassment case towards your ex employer and they tried to settle your case by offering you 12,0000 dollars. And you rejected the offer, i know have to have a deposition … read more
Can you sue your employer for damages related to mental health
socrateaser, employment lawyer
Can you sue your employer for damages related to mental health distress? My husband has been treated horribly by his new managers (he's worked there 7 years - 5 he had great reviews, the new managemen… read more
Can an employer request a copy of your wedding license or ...
TruthFinder
TruthFinder, Educational Consultant
Can an employer request a copy of your wedding license or your tax return to prove that you are married?… read more
can an employeer dictate who rides n your vehicle during working hours if the veh is yours
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
can an employeer dictate who rides n your vehicle during working hours if the veh is yours you pay for the gas and insurance and own the car.… read more
I need employment advice regarding 12 allegations that have
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I need employment advice regarding 12 allegations that have been brought against me by staff. I am being pressed for responses today and need to discuss how to proceed. The way I respond could cost me… read more
When you have the burden to prove that your employer did
JTaylorEsq
JTaylorEsq, Attorney at Law
When you have the burden to prove that your employer did something that violated your rights. How much evidence is needed and when is enough evidence enough. Both direct and/or circumstantial?I am gat… read more
If you lost your job because of something related to your employer,
Ellen, Attorney
If you lost your job because of something related to your employer, your salary was high enough to pay basic expenses and I am able to work again, however, I own an LLC assoiated with rental property … read more
In what way is an employer liable for defamation. What criteria
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
In what way is an employer liable for defamation. What criteria is needed to prove defamation.… read more
What would you need to prove age discrimination at work? Is
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
What would you need to prove age discrimination at work? Is being turned down for 4 jobs in one year, and having those jobs filled by younger people enough to prove that?… read more
I would like your opinion on a recent work related event.
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Juris Doctor (JD)
I would like your opinion on a recent work related event. Three other employees and myself held the same position and title. We shared the same duties and responsibilities and have had similar perform… read more
If somebody call your place of employment n tells them that
P. Simmons, Attorney
If somebody call your place of employment n tells them that somebody ther at work is using drugs, can your employer u a you … read more
1. For a work related injury is it legal for your employer
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
1. For a work related injury is it legal for your employer to force/put you on FMLA and deem that this work related injury meets the criteria of a serious health condition; can the employer, put you o… read more