Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Marsha411JD, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
Can a bonus be withheld from an employee covered by FMLA even
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
Can a bonus be withheld from an employee covered by FMLA even when the employer is asserting that the employee will be fired when they return to work?… read more
Put on probation 5-25-10. Bonus for March 2010 ending quarter
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Put on probation 5-25-10. Bonus for March 2010 ending quarter being withheld. Is this legal. Bonus paid quarterly.… read more
Can an employer legally take a raise away from an employee
Lawgirl
Lawgirl, Founder
Can an employer legally take a raise away from an employee , who has earned that money, after the employee has been making that money over a year.… read more
Can a bonus be withheld for individual poor performance Is
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
Can a bonus be withheld for individual poor performance? Is it at the discretion of the manager, or are bonuses legally tied to company performance overall?… read more
If an employer has a policy that you have to be employed to ...
BusinessDoc
BusinessDoc, Doctoral Degree
If an employer has a policy that you have to be employed to recieve an earned bonus from previous months work, can they legally with hold this bonus? Company is based in MA, I live in FL.… read more
salaried employee worked 80 hrs/wk, was promised end of year
INFOLAWYER, Partner
salaried employee worked 80 hrs/wk, was promised end of year bonus as compensation and was laid off before end of year...any legal way to collect for excess hours worked?… read more
How long before I can legally terminate an employee who is
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Doctoral Degree
How long before I can legally terminate an employee who is receiving Workers comp but unable to work for us due to the injury? He was employed Nov. 5 2014, hurt on Dec 5 2014. It has now been 14 weeks… read more
An employee has asked to delay payment of a year end bonus
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
An employee has asked to delay payment of a year end bonus until next year. I fear it may be due to an impending divorce. How can I protect the firm? Should I agree to this payment schedule? Should I … read more
How do bonuses affect unemployment benefits in California
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I was a contracted employee and was promised a 2 month bonus at the end of my contract if I stayed until the end of the contract. I, in fact stayed. My question is - how does a bonuses affect my unemp… read more
I have been refused salary and bonus earned after being ...
Faye Lee
Faye Lee, JD and MBA and Masters of Law
I have been refused salary and bonus earned after being terminated by a Florida employer. Do I need an attorney or is there a state government agency I can turn to?… read more
I was terminated from employment on August 27th. On my final
Bernard King
Bernard King, Doctoral Degree
I was terminated from employment on August 27th. On my final paycheck, it included the bonus that I earned for the 2nd quarter that ended on June 30th. My employer called me and said that I had to ret… read more
Can i deduct vacation and sick time paid to an employee
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Can i deduct vacation and sick time paid to an employee prior to earning it from their last paycheck in wisconsin? … read more
If an employee has earned vacation time, can the employer have
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
If an employee has earned vacation time, can the employer have the employee make up the vacation time after it has been taken. This is what the employee has been told. Please answer in a way that does… read more
I was terminated yesterday, one month before the end of my
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I was terminated yesterday, one month before the end of my work visa expiration. I was told a few months ago that the company would support the renewal of the visa, but would not pay for it. Yesterday… read more
Can an employer legally with hold earned commission if the
Ellen, Attorney
Can an employer legally with hold earned commission if the employee quits without notice? Considering the employee has signed a company handbook stating, "if you quit without notice we will not pay ea… read more
Hi, My employer has a compensation plan. This plan enables
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Hi, My employer has a compensation plan. This plan enables the employees to earn bonus based on acheiving certain goals. Recently the compensation plan has changed in such a way that the goal is no lo… read more
Is it legal for a schedule to be changed after it has already
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
Is it legal for a schedule to be changed after it has already been posted without prior request from the employee that it directly affects?… read more
is it legal to pentalize employees for taking sick time ...
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
is it legal to pentalize employees for taking sick time that is an earned benefit. ie we earn 2 sick days per month, if you take a sick day during the month you loose that day and the two you would of… read more