Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
We only have 2 employees in a startup business. How can we
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Attorney
We only have 2 employees in a startup business. How can we avoid payroll complexities by paying an employee on 1099, or making them a minority partner?… read more
As an employer, can we write paychecks to employees for payroll
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
As an employer, can we write paychecks to employees for payroll when they've been receiving direct deposit?… read more
I am employed at Canyon River Golf Club in Missoula Mt. They
Legal Eagle, Attorney
Hello my name is ***** ***** I am employed at Canyon River Golf Club in Missoula Mt. They use direct deposit payroll system and make it extremely difficult to access my pay stub information. Apparentl… read more
My husband and I own a nursing agency. We use direct deposit
John, Employment Lawyer
Hello, my husband and I own a nursing agency. We use direct deposit to pay our employees. We accidentally paid an employee for a shift of which she did not work. I notified her and she is refusing to … read more
We have a disgrunteled ex employee now working for a direct
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
We have a disgrunteled ex employee now working for a direct competeter coming to our new employees in the housing we provide them and stealing them away as soon as we hire and train them. Is there any… read more
we just hired a new employee -- when she filled out her direct
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
we just hired a new employee -- when she filled out her direct deposit form she requested that her pay be deposited in an account in that does not bear her name. i am uncomfortable honoring this reque… read more
Is it legal for a employeer to make their employees get ...
EMJ1219
EMJ1219, Senior HR Consultant and Business Devlpm
Is it legal for a employeer to make their employees get direct deposit? Also can an employer force an employee to pay the printing and mailing rate the company has to pay to have the pay checked produ… read more
My Employer just notified our office that all payroll check
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
My Employer just notified our office that all payroll check will now be direct deposit. They have given me an authorization form to complete by June 15 "so your pay will not be interrupted". Is this l… read more
If an employee does not input their time into the payroll system,
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
If an employee does not input their time into the payroll system, are we still legally obligated to pay them for the time that was not recorded?… read more
I am a salaried worker and my company just switched to a new
Ellen, Attorney
I am a salaried worker and my company just switched to a new payroll system. It requires that we convert our salary to hourly wages. Sometimes I work 90 hours and other times I work 70 hours. My hourl… read more
In the state of Ohio, can an employer force employees to ...
Jane T (LLC)
Jane T (LLC), Master's Degree
In the state of Ohio, can an employer force employees to use direct deposit for receiving their payroll?… read more
I live in NY and accidentally have been paying an ex
Loren, employment lawyer
I live in NY and accidentally have been paying an ex employee through direct deposit for an extended period of time. Can I recoup this money? … read more
We were suppose to be paid today. We received the direct deposit
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Attorney & Certified Mediator
We were suppose to be paid today. We received the direct deposit slip stating our paycheck had been deposited and it was not. Employer says there was a "glich" in the federal deposit system and that w… read more
Is employer allowed to process payroll and direct deposit funds
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
Is employer allowed to process payroll and direct deposit funds a week early without notifying employees?… read more
Do we have to pay employees that are not signed up for direct deposit on Friday if the ban
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Do we have to pay employees that are not signed up for direct deposit on Friday if the bank is closed on the regular payday which is Monday & those with direct deposit goes in before Monday?… read more
I had an employee on direct deposit and she decided to quit
Eric. Y., Esq.
Eric. Y., Esq., Law/J.D.
I had an employee on direct deposit and she decided to quit without notice. I was told by my payroll service Intuit payroll representative that the direct deposit that was in process would be stopped … read more
If an employee has his pay check direct deposited to his bank
RESPONDER9
RESPONDER9, employment lawyer
If an employee has his pay check direct deposited to his bank account, is his employer required to present him with his pay check stub with his withholdings every week?… read more
I mistakenly signed an employee up for vacation hours on our
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I mistakenly signed an employee up for vacation hours on our payroll system even though she was not eligible per our policies (did not work 35 hrs/wk-full time) She was fired and now wants the money f… read more