Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Infolawyer, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
I have quit my job on 11/1/2018 in NY. I have received a
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, JD
I have quit my job on 11/1/2018 in NY. I have received a large severance pay within 30 days of termination in the amount equal to 30 weeks (in addition to my pension lump sum as discussed in prior que… read more
I received a termination letter from my previous employer that
Ellen, Attorney
I received a termination letter from my previous employer that quoted a severance pay amount. When I received my severance pay it was for 50% of the stated amount in the letter. I do want to point out… read more
I was terminated from my job on Friday March 2nd. My company
Loren, employment lawyer
I was terminated from my job on Friday March 2nd. My company pays on a bi-weekly basis. My last paycheck from them was on Feb 24th. Pay is for that current week(feb 20-24) and the next week(Feb. 27-ma… read more
I was advised on Friday that my employment has been
Paralegal Bill
Paralegal Bill, Associate Degree
I was advised on Friday that my employment has been terminated ''with cause''. I do have a contract of employment. My question is: do the Company have to tell me what cause (they have not yet) and am … read more
In State, is an employer obligated to pay off earned PTO? I
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
In Washington State, is an employer obligated to pay off earned PTO? … read more
My employment was terminated on January 4th 2018. In my
Infolawyer, Lawyer
my employment was terminated on January 4th 2018. In my severance agreement my employer states that my health insurance coverage ended at midnight that day and that I would be eligible for COBRA cover… read more
I was terminated from my job in March of 2018. I have been
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I was terminated from my job in March of 2018. I have been fighting with my union for reinstatement or compensation since then. We have an arbitration date coming soon. He tried to settle before the date but they denied it not for the reason I was terminated but stating I threw something at the manager if HR like 5-7 years ago which did not happen there is no documentation nor was I ever disciplined for such an act. Are they allowed to do that … read more
I received a termination letter from my employer on Friday
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
I received a termination letter from my employer on Friday Sept,3,2010 It mentioned performance issues and failure to follow directions over a 2 year 7 month period of employment All instances were ne… read more
I was terminated from my job on Friday, 8/15 after receiving
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I was terminated from my job on Friday, 8/15 after receiving a fantastic verbal mid-year review just a week earlier when I was in the office. I am in my second trimester of being pregnant and they are… read more
My employment was terminated 5/25/10. I have signed a termination
PlotinusLaw
PlotinusLaw, Attorney at Law
My employment was terminated 5/25/10. I have signed a termination agreement to receive severance pay at that time. I just received a revised termination agreement stating that an error occurred during… read more
I recently received a severance contract from my employer.
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
I recently received a severance contract from my employer. The reason for the severance is "Your position with Fifth Third...will be eliminated effective 7/7/2010. The contract contains a clause stati… read more
I was terminated from my employer on Friday and CA Law
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I was terminated from my employer on Friday and CA Law states that I should have received my check that day and I have not received it. They are asking me to sign a document that I will receive the ch… read more
I was terminated on Friday by my employer in tennessee. He
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
I was terminated on Friday by my employer in tennessee. He had learned that I was checking into going into business for myself. I was the supervisor over a contracted consturction project that went ov… read more
I received a severance package from my employer after I was
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I received a severance package from my employer after I was terminated. I requested a copy of my employee file and surprisingly saw that i was listed as terminated non-rehireable due to job performanc… read more
I was terminated as an employee from my job in May of 2018.
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
I was terminated as an employee from my job in May of 2018. I am being paid severance over time. My employer is making the payments through their payroll system which requires them to classify me as a… read more
I was terminated last Friday from employment. I was not
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
I was terminated last Friday from employment. I was not given a specific reason for the firing nor had a received a prior verbal or written warning. I worked here 13 months and last Friday was not eve… read more
If you were terminated from an employer and have not received
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
If you were terminated from an employer and have not received a final check or employee release packet in 13 days from termination in Minnesota What rights do I have?… read more
I was terminated from my employment and in order to receive
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I was terminated from my employment and in order to receive a severance I was asked to sign an agreement in which I agree that I will not be entitled to any future employment with this company or any … read more