Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Second opinion] I live in Anchorage Alaska, was terminated…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I live...

Second opinion] I live in Anchorage Alaska, was terminated from my job January 22, 2018. When I asked the corporate HR for a copy of my personnel file, all that was mailed to me was copies of evaluations that I already have. Included was a letter stating I need a subpoena to get the entire file

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Alaska is an "at will" state; no union

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
4/4/2018
Employment Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Are you asking if you have a right to a copy of your file?

.

Or something else?

.

.

Thanks

No, I know I have the right to my file, I need to have someone send a subpoena to the address I have on the letter stating that I need a subpoena to get the FULL file

Ok, I am limited to answering legal questions and providing information so you would need a local attorney to assist with that... I will opt out and see if any other experts may be able to assist further..

.

.

thanks