Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

P. Simmons, Lawyer

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
An Employer is trying to enforce liquidated damages for
INFOLAWYER, Partner
An Employer is trying to enforce liquidated damages for terminating before 18 month employment. The employee required an H1 for employment. Question is, if the contract states the employment is "at wi… read more
I am set to pay a liquidated damage as part of a termination
Ray, Employment lawyer
I am set to pay a liquidated damage as part of a termination agreement in my contract. Will that payment alone set me from any future legal consequences?… read more
My GFs son signed a termination agreement with an employer,
wallstreetfighter
wallstreetfighter, Attorney
My GF's son signed a termination agreement with an employer, now a week later they are basically demanding he sign a non competitive clause. We feel he shouldn't sign the agreement. To me this is an a… read more
I need an help about an work offer. Liquidated Damages. In
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
I need an help about an work offer. Liquidated Damages. In the event this Agreement is terminated by Employee before the conclusion of the Term, or in the event that the Company terminates the Employe… read more
October 16, 2008 my employer terminated my employment. I
Law Educator, Esq., employment lawyer
October 16, 2008 my employer terminated my employment. I was offered a Voluntary Resignation agreement which offered severance monies to be paid to me. The agreement also has language that (paraphrasi… read more
I breached an employment agreement and I'm paying the
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I breached an employment agreement and I'm paying the liquidated damage clause. They however will still not release me from my contract. Will paying the damages release me?… read more
my son was terminated by his employer for no apparent reason.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney at Law
my son was terminated by his employer for no apparent reason. his date of hire was late 11/11 and received no warning of needed improvement on his work performance. i am a manager and i cna't fire an … read more
my son was given an ultimatum to resign or be terminated by
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
my son was given an ultimatum to resign or be terminated by the nyc dept of sanitation.a drug screening showed the presence of morphine , which he never used. after choosing to resign, we have been in… read more
My son recently resigned from his employer and is waiting for
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
My son recently resigned from his employer and is waiting for this last check. He was given a training binder when he was first employed. They are deducting $250 from his last check to cover the cost … read more
My employer is giving me the option of resigning in lieu of
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
My employer is giving me the option of "resigning in lieu of termination" or termination. If I resign in lieu of termination in California, will I still be eligible for unemployment?… read more
I have an employment agreement with my employer. They terminated
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
I have an employment agreement with my employer. They terminated me in June with a 30 day notice and later took it back when they realized they would have to pay me my PTO. They sent me overseas in Se… read more
I was asked to resign or be terminated by my employer, a county
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
I was asked to resign or be terminated by my employer, a county park district. I chose not to resign and was terminated. My son has autism and I am on the spectrum as well. Do I have any rights?… read more
Health care was terminated by employer before resignation
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
health care was terminated by employer before resignation was formally submitted. What is legal process for terminating health coverage under a resignations?… read more
employment law resignation in lieu of termination as describing
A.J.
A.J., Attorney
employment law resignation in lieu of termination as describing voluntary v involuntary act where employer has notified employee of decision to terminate?… read more
Hi I am currently in Texas meaning Liquidated Damages are allowed.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Hi I am currently in Texas meaning Liquidated Damages are allowed. I am on my H1B visa meaning company incurs all kind of processing and attorney fee. I have signed a document that has a clause saying… read more
Earlier this afternoon my son was told by his employer that
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Earlier this afternoon my son was told by his employer that he must resign by 6:00 p.m. today or he would be terminated. At 4:00 pm he told them he was not going to resign. They thanked him for his 1 … read more
An employer is offering me to sign a resignation agreement.
John, Employment Lawyer
An employer is offering me to sign a resignation agreement. I would like an employment lawyer to review it and give me any feedback on it. I want this to be private and confidential and the document c… read more
I was wrongfully Terminated January 17th, They let me resign
INFOLAWYER, Partner
I was wrongfully Terminated January 17th, They let me resign in agreement so I can look good for future employment, But also company agreed that they let me collect Unemployment. Unemployment says I w… read more