Employment Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified employment lawyer who will answer your question

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney

More related answers
All employment lawyers are VERIFIED
My employer is trying to keep my paycheck from me because I
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Juris Doctor
My employer is trying to keep my paycheck from me because I am out sick until Monday. My cardiologist faxed over a letter on 4/8 excusing my absence through 4/11. I informed the store manager that I w… read more
what do i do when the company i work for keeps my paycheck ...
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
what do i do when the company i work for keeps my paycheck because they overpaid me on a recent check?… read more
Can the boss keep threatening to cut down my paycheck every
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer
Can the boss keep threatening to cut down my paycheck every couple of weeks by half if the company numbers do not improve? I work in Texas and I have a contract. Actually I had been receiving a 500 do… read more
My boss took back a paycheck that was already in my account
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Doctoral Degree
My boss took back a paycheck that was already in my account for a week, after letting me go, she did an automatic reversal of an automatic deposit, and has still not paid me for my final 8 hours of wo… read more
My company took money from my paycheck because the girl after
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
My company took money from my paycheck because the girl after me stole money from till. They had no way of proving she did it so they took it out of my pay check, but they know it was her. I never sig… read more
Two weeks ago, I recieved a paycheck from my employer that
INFOLAWYER, Partner
Two weeks ago, I recieved a paycheck from my employer that was accidentally shredded and ripped in half, then taped back together. My manager told me to take it to my bank to see if they would accept … read more
Can my boss take my client away from me because the client
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Lawyer
Can my boss take my client away from me because the client does not want to work with a white person?… read more
I left my job because of harassment by my boss. I notice my
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
I left my job because of harassment by my boss. I notice my old boss has been checking my social networking account. Is she still harassing me?… read more
after I have quit, does my boss have a right to keep my check
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
after I have quit, does my boss have a right to keep my check? Actually, I quit because he wouldn't give me my check for work already done. He wanted paperwork on stuff for the NEXT pay-period before … read more
I was fired from a bank because of overdrafts on my personal
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney at Law
I was fired from a bank because of overdrafts on my personal checking account with the same bank. I was told my account would be confidential, I never received any warnings or disciplinary action and … read more
If I'm working for a home health care agency, and my boss
Loren, employment lawyer
If I'm working for a home health care agency, and my boss refused to pay me (2 paychecks in a row) and the client I'm working for has already paid my boss (her company) my salary upfront, do I have a … read more
I was fired on yesterday but was not given my paycheck. They
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
I was fired on yesterday but was not given my paycheck. They said to get my check on Friday. Do they have to keep me on the payroll untill they give me my final check? If so what statue is that under?… read more
can an employer keep paycheck for damages my employer kept
Phillips Esq., Attorney
can an employer keep paycheck for damages? my employer kept my whole check for damages to a car i hauled. is that legal?… read more
I was terminated from my job and my boss will not give me my
Employment Lawyer
Employment Lawyer, Attorney
I was terminated from my job and my boss will not give me my final paycheck because he believes I was part of some "scheme" that ended up sending him to the hospital (long story). I was not part of th… read more
what do I do if my boss writes payroll checks and they are
INFOLAWYER, Partner
what do I do if my boss writes payroll checks and they are no good. No funds in the account and I cannot cash the check for over a week? This has happened for the last six months.… read more
I recieved a paycheck from a company I worked for. The check
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
I recieved a paycheck from a company I worked for. The check did not clear. The company THR & Associates has a history of this. They are located in Springfield, IL. The owner is Jeff Parsons.… read more
what can i(we) do if our employer keeps withholding our paychecks,
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
what can i(we) do if our employer keeps withholding our paychecks, or giving us our checks but they keep bouncing?… read more
my boss will not give me my paycheck untill after the banks
Ray, Employment lawyer
my boss will not give me my paycheck untill after the banks close on every pay day is that legal?… read more