Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I spoke with Lawyer Wendy earlier this AM - if available I…

Customer Question
Hello I spoke with Lawyer...
Hello I spoke with Lawyer Wendy earlier this AM - if available I have a follow up request. Otherwise, if there is anyone else with expertise in employment law please contact me so I can ask my question. thank you
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
4/4/2018
Employment Lawyer: Attorney Wendy, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is Wendy; I believe we may have communicated earlier today. If it was not me, I would still be happy to help you. I can't seem to find your prior question.

Hello! I am so glad I got back to you- I am happy to pay again for your time but I wanted you to review my contract that I have with LHI- was told this morning I cannot work on any of the contracts I previously had with LHI but when they rescinded their job offer they told me (verbally) that it would NOT impact my pre-existing 1099 contracts. I am really upset because if I had known that a.) applying for a w2 position had the potential to impact my completely separate 1099 contract if things didn't go well, i would not have applied. Or at least I would have weighed the pros and cons differently. I just don't see how it is legal for them to make me wait 6 months before resuming my CONTRACT work because I (in theory) have to wait 6 months before reapplying for a w2. I don't want to be a w2 anymore and when this happened I didn't really pursue 'clearing my name' - which i could have done and was in fact encouraged to do- because it had decided it was more financially viable to stay a 1099. Now I can't do either? But I can still have my own contractors proivide services so I don't want to completely screw up my relationship with them...I am attaching file that has my original contract with LHI. Please let me know if a call is easier and I am happy to do that...

I am happy to help for a small additional fee. I will be away from my computer for a bit but can look at this in just a little while this afternoon. In the meantime, I'll send you the offer for premium service for the additional fee.