Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Are healthcare employers required to have the Osha and

Customer Question
Are healthcare employers required...

Are healthcare employers required to have the Osha and Hazard posters up or is it optional?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this workplace safety issue discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes, the manager stated that the owner doesn't need to.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

It is hourly as far as a union it is not so I would say will Is a pediatrician office

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes As far as overtime we are being required to stay past the time and we are not being paid time and a half. What the owner does is pay the regular 80 hours and then she writes a check but that "extra" check does not state or explain how is she paying She also txts employees on their cellphone pt info re work late hours wouldn't that be a hippa violation along with harrasment. She yells at everyone and threatens her employees. She is never in the office everything is over the phone

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Employment Law
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/4/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 18 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

Are healthcare employers required to have the Osha and Hazard posters up

Response 1: They are required. Click here for more information.

or is it optional?

Response 2: No, it is not optional.

Yes As far as overtime we are being required to stay past the time and we are not being paid time and a half. What the owner does is pay the regular 80 hours and then she writes a check but that "extra" check does not state or explain how is she paying

Response 3: This would be a violation of overtime pay. Aggrieved employees can file complaint with the State's Department of Labor or U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division.

She also txts employees on their cellphone pt info re work late hours wouldn't that be a hippa violation along with harrasment.

Response 4: Yes, as to HIPAA violation, No as to harassment. You can report the employer to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights for the HIPAA violation.

She yells at everyone and threatens her employees. She is never in the office everything is over the phone

Response 5: This could be considered harassment and hostile work environment. You may also report this to your State's Department of Labor or U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law