Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I am currently waiting on a settlement number from my

Customer Question
employer and i been sick...
I am currently waiting on a settlement number from my employer and i been sick and miss a month of work will i got fire when i go back and will that mess me up case???
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
4/3/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Settlement from your employer is based on the initial case you had. If you get sick and have to miss work, if you have any time remaining under Family and Medical Leave Act and are covered under that act, then you have up to 12 weeks protection from being terminated and you cannot be fired. If you are out of time under FMLA you could be fired, but that would not have any impact on your settlement for the other matter.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.