Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Iworkedfor applepainting co for 2days last week and now I'm…

Customer Question
Iworkedfor green applepainting co...

Iworkedfor green applepainting co for 2days last week and now I'm having trouble getting paid.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the U.S. government?

No I have only texted him

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?

Not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm not the only one of his employees with this problem

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: Employment Law
4/3/2018
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 16 days ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

Thank you for your post. In order to assist you I will need to know what State you work in and also whether or not you were a W-2 employee or a 1099 independent contractor? Also, have you actually talked to him about your pay and if so, what did he say?

Tina, Lawyer