Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How do i start a suit about unfair labor act against blacks.

Customer Question
How do i start...

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No union wants to start a grievance for the harsher discipline of black staff

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes I'm steward in the union

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
4/2/2018
Employment Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what specifically has been done against African American workers?

Management give out harsher discipline to blacks such as: A Black staff refused a mandation of overtime gets suspended were a White staff gets a written reprimand
where is my answer. I did not received an answer concerning my question

Have you spoken to HR about this?

HR is in agree with manager

Okay - I am sorry to hear about your situation. You will need to contact a civil attorney who focuses on employment law to handle your specific suit. But make sure you document every instance of discrimination and if you can get testimonials from your fellow coworkers that will help significantly.

Should i just start the process by doing a grievance first.we just want them to stop.so do you think grievances will work. Manager is in violation of discrimination on the grounds of race. We the union ask that this practice is stop. Then present the cases. Our union have not help. So my question was how do i start the grievance.

yes that is exactly how I would start the process - you will need to talk to HR again and tell them you wish to file a formal complaint.

DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer