Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My employer won't let me return to work unless the medical…

Customer Question
My employer won't let...

My employer won't let me return to work unless the medical review officer takes the safety issue off of my dot drug test. I have a valid prescription

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the drug test with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes Manager and safety officer. They dont know the laws and are just going by what corporate tells them.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Yes I am union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They say I have to stop or change my medication

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: Employment Law
4/3/2018
Employment Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 17 days ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

<p style="margin-top:3.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:15.0pt">I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.<p style="margin-top:3.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:15.0pt"> <p style="margin-top:3.0pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:3.0pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:15.0pt">Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post. Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response. Thank you for your patience.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Tina, Lawyer