Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My former company is suing me for breaking my Non compete…

Customer Question
My former company is suing...
My former company is suing me for breaking my Non compete contract.
the contract they submitted as ( exhibit A) to court is not the original. I have a copy the real non compete. when I signed my non compete in 2015 my former company had another administration and many document was lost .I am sure the exhibit A they was summit is forgery.
can they change the submitted contract at any time after I present my copy or are they locked in to what they are claiming ? Can they used my copy to continue the law sue after I presenting the real document ?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Employment Law
4/2/2018
Employment Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Patrick, Esq.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

If they forged your signature that is a crime. However, if you actually signed a non-compete, then you are still bound by it, even if your employer is not presenting a copy of the version you actually signed. The forgery is a completely separate matter. It's not as though you can present the actual signed version to somehow get out of the lawsuit because your employer also presented a forgery. All you would be producing is actual evidence of the agreement that you violated.