Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was termination for my job and i think is wrong. She say…

Customer Question
I was termination for...

I was termination for my job and i think is wrong .

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

She say was for lack of work, but 8 day before my termination somoe one was doing my task plus they hiring 3 more peolpe for the position was lets for the persone oing my task

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Not

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Employment Law
4/1/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 24 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Under the law, unless you had a written contract to the contrary, you are an at will employee. An at will employee may be terminated for no reason at all or for any reason other than based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin. So if you have evidence that you were terminated only because of your age/race/sex/disability/national origin, then you would need to make a complaint to the EEOC, http://www.eeoc.gov, and they have to investigate to give you a right to sue letter.

If your employer terminated you for any reason other than one of those I mentioned above, then your only recourse would be to file for unemployment I am afraid because as an at will employee you could be terminated and you would have no other legal recourse.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney