Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I was not an employee, do I have any rights? Not sure how to…

Customer Question
I was not an...

I was not an employee, do I have any rights?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Not sure how to answer that's.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was a partner in a joint venture that was operating under a DBA under a sole properitor business license.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Employment Law
3/31/2018
Employment Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 22 days ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

IF you were not an employee, the only rights you have would be under any written agreement you have with the partnership/joint venture. You would be an owner/partner subject to the partnership agreement, not an employee so your rights are governed by the partnership/joint venture agreement not employment law.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney