Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My daughter who worked for special needs facility for

Customer Question
My daughter who worked...

My daughter who worked for special needs facility for children in Ohio was fired from her job recently. She is now in hospital care for the trauma this caused her. She was accused of watching 1 or 2 other ladies dressing a youngster and just loitering around the locker room. Daughter claim she had to exit the same hot tube as the child because daughter has a defibrillator. attached to her heart and cannot be in the hot tub too long. Principal told daughter that she had no choice but to fire her because 3 women collaborated on the claim to get Daughter fired. What recourse can we seek?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the termination discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Not to my knowledge. I only know the "principal" fired her reluctantly.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Sorry I do not know. I do not think it is union.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Since I cannot talk to my daughter at this moment due to being admitted to hospital, just want to know how and if to proceed to fight this for fairness.

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Employment Law
3/31/2018
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 24 days ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I understand. Having never accessed ACLU before I have no idea on precess or cost etc.

Do you feel like they did this intentionally to cause her trauma?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Please just give me at least a rough idea of process and cost without incurring more expense at this moment.

I'm sorry for the confusion. It's $5 to post your question, another $37 approximately for your written interaction with me and there's an option for a $59 phone call. That's optional though and you don't have to take it. The normal cost is about $42, far less than seeing an attorney face to face. Would you like to continue in writing?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Probably be better for me to try to contact my daughter in Ohio hospital before I commit to anything involving more at this time.

Ok, no problem. Come back any time!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Thanks. Good Bye, Happy Easter

You too!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Pleas see my last response to you. We will delay for now until I can communicate directly with my daughter. May take a week or so, Thanks.
Employment Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 23 days ago
No problem. Thanks!
Tina, Lawyer