Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

My boss is always said something about my English even when…

Customer Question
My boss is always...

My boss is always said something about my English even when I do reports with numbers he put his attention on my grammar and not in the numbers reports. He ask me to go to school and that I should learn more English, but everyone at my workplace speak Spanish and some of them not speak good English and 90% of our customers are Spanish speakers. The last think that he did was ask me in front other coworkers: do you even buy a book, no right?!?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am not legal to work at USA now and my employer know that.

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2018
Employment Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 22 days ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - what specifically is your question?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
If Is a discrimination to ask me speak English Evry time that I do something I had 3 yrs working the same place and the customers are Spanish speakers and all the coworkers even the boss speak Spanish. But they star doing this only to me.
Employment Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 20 days ago

If your boss speaks english it is not discrimination to have him require you to speak in english. If there is something in your employee handbook that states you can speak either english or Spanish it would be a different situation. Legally speaking it does not matter that your clients speak mainly Spanish.

DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer