Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I had been working for Dollar General for two days when I…

Customer Question
I had been...

I had been working for Dollar General for two days when I was held up by an armed robber while working the register. I had NO training of any kind. Since

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I contacted DG Corporate office but have not had a response. During the robbery my outgoing store manager and the district manager locked themselves in the office instead q

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Locked themselves in the office. Since I had had no training I did not know what to do it how to handle the situation. I have been found disabled by the court of the Social Security Disability Administration. It is cited in the decision that this incident has had an imperative impact on my significantlydecreased mental state.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, it looks asnthough I will never be absent return to work again. I can barely pass a DG without having flashbacks and I am unable to sleep as before. I have become defensive and withdrawn. I can not concentrate and my organizational skills have all but disappeared. I hate to go out in public and I am now anti-social. I have PTSD (Complex) anxiety disorder panic disorder and major depressive disorder. How should I go about suing them.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/31/2018
Employment Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
This would be considered an “on the job” injury. You must contact a workers compensation attorney in your state to assist you. Each state has a legal bar association that provides a lawyer referral service. Good luck to you because you DEFINITELY have a case.
If I have provided you adequate guidance on this subject then please reward me with a positive rating of five stars so that I may get credit for this session