Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

Basically I was bullied and harassed at work by the night…

Customer Question
Basically I was bullied...

Basically I was bullied and harassed at work by the night manager in front of everyone about working beyond my schedule time and told that if I left earlier than the time that she wanted me to work it would be considered quitting and I stated no I'm not quitting I just can't work until 6:30 unscheduled without notice and she went and said well he pointed out on the calendar where it says over written in like Scribble and it wasn't brought to my attention so I made it clear to her it wasn't brought to my attention I'm sorry and she said well if you leave if you don't work till 6:30 that means you quit and so my shift is from 11 till for sometimes 5 and I get a 15 minute break 11241 15 minute break

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this harassment issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No I have not that happened yesterday and so this morning I just want to work as usual and my my manager my date the daytime managers I just walked in and they gave me my for like nothing happened because because they know me and I wouldn't I wouldn't quit my job so the scenario so basically I worked that happened yesterday so I went and worked for again today I didn't look at my schedule or anything today I usually work until 5 on Fridays. The when I in the the night manager made a comment is out I was working till I was therefore till 5:30 today and as I was leaving she made a comment of oh I didn't know you were here because you didn't complain and saying that complain work word like that's all I do is complain to her which is false she's putting me in a bad like I do ask her like what time am I leaving I wouldn't I'd like to have let someone know

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

Not sure

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothing right now,,, thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/31/2018
Employment Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Marsha411JD, Lawyer

In order to assist you I will need to know what your legal question is, what State you work in and also, if you are in a union? I will be away from my computer for much of the day but will respond as soon as I become available after you post the information I requested.