Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I have been working for a company for 4 weeks and i have yet…

Customer Question
I have been working...

I have been working for a company for 4 weeks and i have yet to receive a paycheck. I have bee asking very respectfully ***** ***** my paycheck here. Well today i guess they got tired of me asking and i was told as soon as i arrived to work that was fired and they don't have a check for me today. I need to know if i have a case .

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

I have tried to contact the HR department but i get sent to an answer machine. My Manger is the one who does the payroll and he is the person who keeps telling me it will be in tomorrow. I have contacted an attorney and she told me to email her all documents i have from them. New hire paper work etc.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No I'm not with a union .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes i really think it some suspicious stuff going on with the payroll . Employee have informed me they don't have acess to their own paystubs . our director who does the payroll is the one you have to ask if you want it.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Employment Law
3/30/2018
Employment Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 28 days ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
https://www.dol.gov/whd/howtofilecomplaint.htmUse the link above to make a wage complaint with the US Department of Labor.
Also the labor and licensing board in your state may have a department that handles wage complaints. Both offices are where you can complain about improper payroll procedures. You can also report them to the IRS for an audit.
In my opinion, you should retain an attorney in your state to pursue a lawsuit for unpaid wages & retaliatory discharge. The legal bar association in your state should have a lawyer referral service who can refer you to a labor lawyer who can assist you. Good luck with your claims because I believe you can be successful.
If I have provided you adequate guidance on this subject, please reward me with a positive rating of five stars so that I may get credit for this session. Thanks
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer