Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I’ve been here at my job for a year and the owner always…

Customer Question
I’ve been here at...

I’ve been here at my job for a year and the owner always tells me I’m a police and I don’t matter in front of my co workers and made fun of by my weight and was told by the owner he wouldn’t hire my fat friend

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Been called polack not police sorry and I am polish

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No union not sure what at will is

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

There’s more but these are the main things that hurt me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Employment Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.
I would like more information please, I haven’t said anything to my manager because then my checks get messed with and my schedule also.
You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Then lodge a grievance internally. A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!