Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

How do I find the pay for my salaried position? Is there a…

How do I find...

How do I find the pay for my salaried position? Is there a set range in CA for what pay should be based on position/title?

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No none of the above

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I just thought there was a web page where you could look up your responsibilities/title/position and it would give a pay range

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok ok

3/28/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Nothing formal, but there are average ranges. What is the title, industry, and and years of experience?

Staff Accountant, working for a tech company, 10 years experience
I thought there was a labor law for CA now with pay ranges for titles

No, there is no labor law in CA for pay ranges. Sorry. I am not sure where you heard this information, but this is not true. There is only minimal wage laws, overtime laws, and the like.

Informally speaking, the average salary for someone with this position/experience is $101k per year, not including benefits.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law