Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

If I worked and am payed salary and I resigned two days

Customer Question
If I worked and...

If I worked and am payed salary and I resigned two days before the pay period is over can they cut my check more than halfway my checks usually $920 and I am still owed a week's paid vacation do I have a case

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No I'm trying to see if I have a case before I do anything my paycheck was only 320 this morning they cut it by $600 I did not sign that thing saying they could deduct my pay was never asked to and they still owe me a weeks vacation paid

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I do not belong to a union

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My name is ***** *****

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/28/2018
Employment Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer

Hi James,

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Typically, they can't reduce your paycheck at all without your consent. What state are you in? Did they give any reason for cutting your pay?

Florida no they havnt
I just payed