Employment Law

Employment law questions? Ask an employment lawyer.

I worked at Outback steakhouse and my last paycheck was

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is ***** ***** i worked at Outback steakhouse and my last paycheck was short.i make11.50 an hour and i worked3 day's on this check and it came out 241.41

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed this wage-and-hour issue with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No ma'am my paycheck just came to my card14 mins ago and i no longer work there.

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

No ma'am

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I know i couldn't clock in that whole week and i reported it to a manager and they had to clock you in but i think i wasn't clocked in one of the day's bcuz something is wrong.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Employment Law
3/28/2018
Employment Lawyer: Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Employment Lawyer

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

(The system will automatically generate a phone call request to you. I intend to just use this chat format as I am not accepting phone calls at this time).

You need to contact the employer to make them aware of the error. This is important because going to the state's Department of Labor to file a wage claim is an option, but if you never made the employer aware, it is more difficult to make that claim. The state won't punish the employer if they never go a chance to cure the problem.

Don't give them long though...ask that it is immediately corrected and sent to your normal location for payment. If they don't do so, or deny the error, then you have to file a wage claim with your state's DOL.

If you have any further questions or other facts that you would like me to consider, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a three, a four or preferably a five star rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Please rate me based on my service and not on your satisfaction with the law, which I am not in control of and I am just reporting to you. Please DON’T rate my service until after you have asked any follow up questions that you have, so that I have the best opportunity to earn all 5 stars. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required after the response I previously provided to you. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care, have a great day and please don’t forget to rate my service.